Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe 2011

Is Ryan Moore at Longchamp on Saturday ? he isn't riding in the UK

I would find it slightly alarming that even such a fine jockey as Moore would be riding in the Arc on such a limited preparation.

No he isn't, he's not riding anywhere on Saturday, but does have two rides at Ascot today. He'll probably ride in a few of the supporting races though, I'd imagine.

kurtz-1.jpg

I can't have Meandre. I'm not convinced Fabre would either - Pour Moi was his Arc horse imo. Terrible price. If he was trained by anyone else he would be bigger.

I really can't find an angle on this race at the moment.

Heffernan rides SYT, O'Donoghue rides TB and Joseph rides the pacemaker, sorry SNA!

Huge positive for SNA. Joseph has improved out of all recognition these past few months.

Treasure Beach will be right up there. They may do this as well with SNA, but it will be for his benefit if they do, not for their other horses.

In terms of viable stallions, SNA I would think is of much more interest to them than TB (when they start running their horses a la the campaign he has had, you know they aren't thinking about stallion value).

I can't have Meandre. I'm not convinced Fabre would either - Pour Moi was his Arc horse imo. Terrible price. If he was trained by anyone else he would be bigger.

Spot on.

I wouldn't have been surprised if he wasn't supplemented.

i wonder if Stoute is going to pull WF out..headline in RP re ground

I was wondering about this too... also about Reliable Man.

To confuse the issue the official going was described yesterday as Good to Soft, with more water put on last night.

The root base is thin at Longchamp, so this could result in false ground. I'm not sure now who if any will be suited by this?

Sarafina and SYT drawn wide... Galikova has a inside spot at 4... More good news for the 3-y-o.

Last edited:
I am looking for someone to lay me 4/6 about SteveM and Gamla Stan coupled to spontaneously combust before Sunday afternoon.... any takers :D

I really can't find an angle on this race at the moment.

What do you think to the idea that Meandre had 'Faster closing sections than Pour Moi in the Prix Grefulhe, both run off a fast pace.' I presume the Pour Moi reference is from the Derby. I think Meandre's time in the race in question was very impressive and he of course went on and won the Grand Prix De Paris on the back of that.

I'm not saying I fancy Meandre, I'm not fussed about him either way, I fancy the Japanese horse, Hiruno D'Amour.

Where is the best placed to be drawn in an Arc? I can see the high numbers aren't good, but low or middle? Mine is drawn 1.

They were interested in getting a price for the Arc.:p

A mistake, and I think they will learn from it.

Thoughts on SNA?

Hardly a brave shout suggesting a 33's chance will struggle, but I couldn't have him at all I'm afraid. Just don't see where the 7/8lb he needs will come from, truly-run race or not.

the same Joseph that dropped him out in a slowly-run King George?

And left the others get first run without moving a muscle....to give him the benefit of the doubt he seemed to be riding to exact instructions that day and not race riding which is a very plausible reason for that astonishingly poor ride. Have saved on SNA ew. That is definitely my last bet.....on this race.

Hardly a brave shout suggesting a 33's chance will struggle, but I couldn't have him at all I'm afraid. Just don't see where the 7/8lb he needs will come from, truly-run race or not.

Fair enough. I'm more looking at him to place.

Who do you fancy?

Nothing strong, keep changing my mind. Really think it's hard to knock So You Think and am belatedly coming round to thinking he's the one to beat. Very boring I know.

What do you think to the idea that Meandre had 'Faster closing sections than Pour Moi in the Prix Grefulhe, both run off a fast pace.' I presume the Pour Moi reference is from the Derby. I think Meandre's time in the race in question was very impressive and he of course went on and won the Grand Prix De Paris on the back of that.

I'm not saying I fancy Meandre, I'm not fussed about him either way, I fancy the Japanese horse, Hiruno D'Amour.

I'm warming to Meandre. I think he'll be difficult to keep out of the front four. Galikova is still my fancy though.

SNA is interesting. His chance is better than his price, but I'm finding it a little tough to invent a scenario in which he will win.

Fabre supplemented Meandre for the GP De Paris after his listed win at Longchamp in May so he has always been held in high regard.

I'm off there this afternoon so debate with dry up from me, my idea of the front three are Galikova, Hirano D'Amour and So You Think in no particular order with Sarafina and Meandre not far behind them.

The only bet I'll be looking to have between now and the off, unless I can get some more 16s Hirano is for SNA to finish last!!

Back