Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe 2013

Flintshire will be the best of the French horses (possibly European) IMO - form franked in the German Derby yesterday too.

Surely the likes of Intello is head and shoulders above this one? Flintshire was beaten in a conditions race and then beat Park Reel in a G3.

Surely the likes of Intello is head and shoulders above this one? Flintshire was beaten in a conditions race and then beat Park Reel in a G3.

He beat Park Reel a lot easier than Ocovango did earlier in the season and as a Dansili colt it's fair to assume the ground in that conditions race he was beat in was way softer than he liked.

It doesn't matter how much better Intello is because that horse is not a 12f animal.

I've taken 7/2 about Flintshire for Saturday's race. Decent value.

I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw they were offering 13/2 yesterday. By the time I logged in, the odds where 5/1, great value nonetheless....

It doesn't matter how much better Intello is because that horse is not a 12f animal.

I don’t see why he shouldn’t get 12f... Don’t confuse ability to quicken with not staying a mile-and-a-half. But whether he gets 12f or not I was questioning IS’s statment that “Flintshire will be the best of the French horses (possibly European)”... no mention of trip here.

I've taken 7/2 about Flintshire for Saturday's race. Decent value.

They're making Flintshire 6/4 fav. so you did well with 7/2. Ocovango 9/4 and BoM 3/1.

Battle Of Marengo is top rated though, so Flintshire will have to show the further improvement that he's promising.

At the time with only one firm pricing it up greedy thing that I am I was holding out for 4/1 so haven't much on at that price.

Good turn of foot from Flintshire to take Grand Prix from Manddawi. Ocovango short of room again made third. Battle Of Marengo clearly objected to being restrained. Held up at the back and stayed there.

Sorry Steve only just seen this. I like Intello a lot but he has it to prove over 12 furlongs and connections seem keen to drop him in trip for some reason - that would generally be enough to put me off and that if he does go for the Arc it'll be because he doesn't have the speed for a mile rather than them thinking he's a true 12 furlong horse.

Flintshire impressive, and nothing from that race will reverse form. Obviously still got plenty of potential, but hard to think that form amounts to a great deal given the pace and proximity of some limited and exposed rivals.

Flintshire impressive, and nothing from that race will reverse form. Obviously still got plenty of potential, but hard to think that form amounts to a great deal given the pace and proximity of some limited and exposed rivals.

But sometimes you've got to go with the impression it makes on you and mine was that this was something special.

Good performance
Scope

Ground dependent
119p for yesterday, will need to improve another 10pounds in the next 2months.

Where is the best place to watch the race ? I generally like to be with the general populace not in a glass house. How much will it cost me please ?

Do I need to have a runner to watch it in the paddock :whistle:

I prefer not to watch it in a box with anyone, that's the only reason I'm discounting option 1 :)

Thanks.

Haven't been following racing but a quick look suggests if he comes back in the same form he wins?

Back