Punchestown 2022

I'm interested to see how they price up Instit in the Mares Novice Hurdle. I reckon she can improve again since the last day on this potentially better ground, and although Party Central will also be better on better going, I just feel Instit might improve past her to win this. The second placing behind Man O Work the last day was no disgrace as that horse is entered in the Grade 1 Novice Hurdle on Saturday.

7s more than fair win or each way I reckon.

Getting back to the actual racing how about Bob Ollinger?

If you have been wondering who has been getting stuck in at 2.98 on the exchange and 7/4 don't look at me :whistle:

What were Bett365 thinking? If ever a horse deserved to be in Dessie's should be odds on thread it's him.

My banker of the meeting was Galopin De Champs and he would have won by a street length but in my book he's the fastest chaser I have seen since Sprinter
and he stays all day.

Bob Ollinger already took care of Capodanno and he's done nothing I can see to justify being 5/2 for his race.
The letters WPM have alot to do with it I suppose and he's worked bigger wonders in his time.

However Bob Ollinger 5*****bet 7/4 looks nailed on.

Energumene V Chacun Pour Soi is a fascinating race.

Chacun Pour Soi ran on the same day as Galopin Des Champs when they both won at the last meeting.

GDC was all the rage afterwrds with jockeys claiming they had never gone so fast in a race
and while the overall times told a different story both horses clocked exactly the same amazing time over the last 3 fences
according to clockwatchers.

Anyone who doubted Chacun Pout Soi were silenced that day only for his fans to be disapointed once again at the Festival.

Despite his unseating Patrick and Shishkin not turning up as such Energumene looked a different horse than the one
Shishkin had beaten when being held up.

Watching brief only ???. I think it will be a cracker and I have an ever so slight preference for......fukced if I know:blink:

I really don't get Paul Townend chosing Sir Gerhard but everyone tells me I am wrong that he's on the right one,

I give in so I will have a tenner double on Sir G and Energumene and a tenner double on DD and CPS just for the hell of it,

Only other fancy is for Gordon Elliots Party Central to beat of the WPM army and win the mares.

Party Central 7/2 looks worth a bet

Capodanno has proved he stays and can run to the mid 150s. His best run is at the track. Bob looked legless at Cheltenham so he has something to prove in terms of wellbeing as well as stanima.

You fill me full of confidence Slim:p but Henry doesn't make many mistakes and I trust Bob a Job will win the day and enjoy the trip.

Last edited:
You are wrong! According to the RP, PT rides Engi, and the only thing that beats him is an act of god.

Act of God is way too inconsistant, His head is in the clouds
and doesn't like the ground.

I don't know who laid you but I asked Bet 365 they said No Offers:lol:

Last edited:
Bob Olinger is going up in trip, which in principle should be fine for him, but he's also wearing a tongue strap for the first time, which is hardly ideal.

Bob Olinger is going up in trip, which in principle should be fine for him, but he's also wearing a tongue strap for the first time, which is hardly ideal.

He could absolutely **** in but my God you are taking a lot on trust. I managed to bet Capodanno at 7s so hopeful.

What about FAROUT tomorrow Slim.?

He's going to be held up after just being too free at Fairyhouse. He's a win only bet if you are backing him. Maybe Cheltenham has just lit up the horse too much and he'll blow his brains tomorrow pulling too hard. This is his last chance with me.

Well we're all here to have our oppinions shot at.

The way I see it is the first thing you have to do is forgive Bob Ollinger his run at Chaltenham.

Looking back to Punchestown in January Bob Ollinger was coming off a 57 day break.

Capodanno on the otherhand was coming off a win in December.

In the race itself I thought BobO looked a bit ringrusty and was doing his best work
in the closing stages. A sure fire sign he probably needed the run and possible further.

It's not like Capodanno even made a race of it. It was over in a flash and if anything he looked more of an non stayer than BobO did.

Capodanno unshipped Mark Walsh to early next time to read anything into it

However at Cheltenham behind L'Homme Presse he gave no indication better things were to come
he jumped poorly, looked totally out of his depth and only got 4th place because Farouk D'alene fell 2 out.

There seemed no reason for that poor run as he'd won on heavy ground before and it may well be what you see is what you get with him.

Bob Ollinger bitterly disappointed as well but he had a torn muscle and was facing the best chaser in training IMO.

If the real Bob Olinger turns up IMO this is a steering job.

Last edited:
Miller Bank will make the running so if there is any chink in his stanima he'll be found out.

Normally I give Punchestown a complete miss but I have / will be having a couple of bets tomorrow.

I think Dysart Dynamo will smash Sir Gerhard.

I'll be backing two against the field in the hcap hurdle but am waiting until the morning because I think both might drift (and one will definitely qualify for the longshot thread).

I've taken 6/1 Andy Dufresne for a top-two finish. I need one of the big two to under-perform but 6/1 for the top two is more than twice the value of 25/1 each-way. I do think he is the third-best horse in the race.

I can't see past Bob Olinger but at the price I don't need to have a bet.

An end to a hard season and many a season’s last race is a washout for some. So, just a hopeful trixie for fun:

Dysart Dynamo
Energumene
Bob Olinger

Last edited:
I dont usually do shorties and will probably regret it but I've done DD 2/1
That's PM,DO,BJ and me on this back.hope we dont slow him down.

I dont usually do shorties and will probably regret it but I've done DD 2/1
That's PM,DO,BJ and me on this back.hope we dont slow him down.

And me. Patrick riding not a positive but the price differential seems too big

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was planning on heading to the pub for this but I think I committed a no-no in using my betting wins to top up my drinking fund. Withdrawals that were previously done in minutes are now taking at least hours. And I don't remember seeing them mention the fast withdrawal thing.

Now it means the kitty is there for either cash bets or drinks, but not both.

Commercial break:cool:: Benie Des Dieux had her filly foal at 3.30am this morning by Walk In The Park

It seems everyone wants a foal sired by Walk In The Park.

I'll be backing two against the field in the hcap hurdle but am waiting until the morning because I think both might drift (and one will definitely qualify for the longshot thread).

Bugger.

I got distracted this morning and totally forgot about this race.

The two are Clifton Warrior (16s last night but I only got 12s a moment ago) and Hybery (was 66s, got 40s).

Even if one wins I'll as though I've lost :mad:

Getting back to the actual racing how about Bob Ollinger?

If you have been wondering who has been getting stuck in at 2.98 on the exchange and 7/4 don't look at me :whistle:

What were Bett365 thinking? If ever a horse deserved to be in Dessie's should be odds on thread it's him.

My banker of the meeting was Galopin De Champs and he would have won by a street length but in my book he's the fastest chaser I have seen since Sprinter
and he stays all day.

Bob Ollinger already took care of Capodanno and he's done nothing I can see to justify being 5/2 for his race.
The letters WPM have alot to do with it I suppose and he's worked bigger wonders in his time.

However Bob Ollinger 5*****bet 7/4 looks nailed on.

Energumene V Chacun Pour Soi is a fascinating race.

Chacun Pour Soi ran on the same day as Galopin Des Champs when they both won at the last meeting.

GDC was all the rage afterwrds with jockeys claiming they had never gone so fast in a race
and while the overall times told a different story both horses clocked exactly the same amazing time over the last 3 fences
according to clockwatchers.

Anyone who doubted Chacun Pout Soi were silenced that day only for his fans to be disapointed once again at the Festival.

Despite his unseating Patrick and Shishkin not turning up as such Energumene looked a different horse than the one
Shishkin had beaten when being held up.

Watching brief only ???. I think it will be a cracker and I have an ever so slight preference for......fukced if I know:blink:

I really don't get Paul Townend chosing Sir Gerhard but everyone tells me I am wrong that he's on the right one,

I give in so I will have a tenner double on Sir G and Energumene and a tenner double on DD and CPS just for the hell of it,

Only other fancy is for Gordon Elliots Party Central to beat of the WPM army and win the mares.

Party Central 7/2 looks worth a bet

That'll do nicely.....pressure is off:D

Back