Punchestown 2022

Is there any point even asking? He didn't turn up.

There is. I thought I was a lacklustre performance yet media will encourage you to ignore your eyes. And it's spoiling the achievement of the horse for me.

If she beat a horse of Grade 1 calibre of his potential, the adulation would match the achievement.

Last edited:
There is. I thought I was a lacklustre performance yet media will encourage you to ignore your eyes. And it's spoiling the achievement of the horse for me.

If she beat a horse of Grade 1 calibre of his potential, the adulation would match the achievement.

hopefully she has her chance next year and they both meet in good form and health

I thought for a moment the unthinkable was going to happen and Echoes in Rain would get by but Honeysuckle showed her guts

State Man showed what a good thing he was in the County Hurdle and Flame Bearer’s run encouraged me to have a dart at Ha d’Or in the 7.10 at 10/1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She didn’t need to do more than that, Hawk, so can be excused for yawning her way through it. Nonetheless, she is looking a touch jaded lately.

She didn’t need to do more than that, Hawk, so can be excused for yawning her way through it. Nonetheless, she is looking a touch jaded lately.

Nah. I don't mind the ramping up of the occasion as I think her best performance ever was in this race last year with no crowd. Connections didnt get it then. It wasn't a case of her dossing. It looked ropey for a furlong or so.
But there is little/no honest discussions regarding her. I'd love an interesting question to be asked somewhere, rather than being told how she is the queen of Ireland and how she is 16 for 16.

Last edited:
I know 15 years ago Nicholls had some stable of horses but Willie's at the moment is something never seen before. He must have 40 horses capable of winning a grade 1. (maybe too many grade 1s around but...)

Your confusing a crap race with a crap performance.

Honeysuckle like always was ridden to beat those in front of her and all Rachael was doing is slapping her down the neck to keep her going.

You stick Epatante and Sharjah in there and she'd still have won and Echoes and Rain would have been beaten 15 lengths.

State Man is some horse. Three Stripe Life made to look very ordinary.

That's because he is fairly ordinary......Stateman 6/1 for the Champion Hurdle.......fools and their money can que up now :whistle:

He wouldn't blow wind up Honeysuckle's backside never mind what Constitution Hill would do to him.

I suggest you check out the time of that race. If they had gone any slower they would have stopped

As pointed out on the Should be odds on thread yesterday Epatante looks head and shoulders above this lot today.

I ended up going daft to be honest...I had a banana eater on at 6/4 but that has become a very big water buffalo.

Nicky and Nico won't let me down..finger and toes crossed:<3:

I really don't want to be thinking about Punchestown 10 minutes after the 2000 is run but Epatane is a stupid price for the Mares race given she took in Cheltenham and Aintree. Henry's filly is a bet at 7s

I really don't want to be thinking about Punchestown 10 minutes after the 2000 is run but Epatane is a stupid price for the Mares race given she took in Cheltenham and Aintree. Henry's filly is a bet at 7s

Agree 100%. If Epatante can win having run at the other two spring festivals then fair play but I’m hoping Telmesomethinggirl can get me back the money I lost when she was brought down at Cheltenham

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back