QM Champion Chase betting

Judging from the way Fever was ridden today, getting him to settle, he won't be going for the Champion Chase

I thought the same myself. Before today I was 100% certain in my own head that CF was Champion Chase bound.
But the way he was ridden today definitely makes me wonder now. Let's see what Ballycasey does. Decision could be made for them.

Could it just be that they don't want to make it in the Queen Mother and get mugged like the Arkle? I wouldn't fancy him in either race.

I hope he doesn't win comfortably and he's only out for spin, as he's on my shortlist for the Grand Annual. He's likely to go off at a much better price than the others I'm looking at, and off his current mark he tops my list.

What do you reckon, Maruco?

Judging from the way Fever was ridden today, getting him to settle, he won't be going for the Champion Chase

I thought that today seemed all about giving him a confidence boost while having as easy a round as possible. I wouldn't rule him out of the Champion Chase on the basis of anything I saw today.

I'd much rather be on Dodging Bullets.

until Moley did what he did the other day..i would have agreed..in fact i did

two improving horses

i'm not seeing how this is a below par renewal tbh

i certainly wouldn't be going back to last years Arkle to judge how good Dodging bullets is now Euro...thats history

i'd watch Moley's win again tbh..if that were SS this forum would have been heaping praise on it..as it is..virtually ignored

Last edited:
until Moley did what he did the other day..i would have agreed..in fact i did

two improving horses

i'm not seeing how this is a below par renewal tbh

i certainly wouldn't be going back to last years Arkle to judge how good Dodging bullets is now Euro...thats history

i'd watch Moley's win again tbh..if that were SS this forum would have been heaping praise on it..as it is..virtually ignored

Its turning into a really fascinating race. Champagne Fever wouldn't be such a joker in the pack if we'd seen him over 2 miles this year.

Last edited:
Balder Success is an enigma! Ballycassey ran over. Where are we now?

Last edited:
they are finally calling him Balder Susay too....

Which is also incorrect :blink:

I'm not sure of the origin of 'Balder', whether it's English or French, but 'succès' is pronounced 'suk-seh' (with the short, sharp French 'u' sound, of course).

It annoys me that they cannot do some simple research - I refuse to believe C4 does not have any French native speakers on its staff but I suppose it isn't as annoying as not pronouncing English words correctly.

Last edited:
After watching that I'd rather CF went for the Ryanair actually. This race is already a headache without him and I'd really fancy him for the longer race.

Back