QM Champion Chase betting

He's a very backable price Tanlic..based on the the way the stable normally affects the betting market you have to assume there are serious doubts he'll run. I;d love him to run and I;d love to punt him heavy at even money.

I would love him to run too, but the signs are there and I'm just being realistic as opposed to ignoring anything that was said.
Further movement in the betting this morning supports he is doubtful, with SS drifting to 5/4 in places and DB, Somersby & Twinlight all shortening up.

I would love him to run too, but the signs are there and I'm just being realistic as opposed to ignoring anything that was said.
Further movement in the betting this morning supports he is doubtful, with SS drifting to 5/4 in places and DB, Somersby & Twinlight all shortening up.

Now 6/4 :confused:

Nothing confusing about it Digger 6/4 is based on the UK weather forecast being correct and their belief Nicky will pull him out.

Call them and ask if that's with a run for Ascot and they'll tell you the 2nd word is off :lol:

Last edited:
Nicky Henderson interviewed on @BetRacingNation says re Sprinter Sacre "the forecast is horrible and we're starting to get a bit nervous."
Nicky Henderson tells @BetRacingNation @SportsTonightTV that Sprinter Sacre must have a prep race if he is to make it to Cheltenham.
eurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh

Barry G - Even if its very soft Ascot never gets really bad.
NJH - the forecast is horrible - we're getting nervous. If he doesn't have a prep race we can;t go to Cheltenham.

Barry G - Even if its very soft Ascot never gets really bad.
NJH - the forecast is horrible - we're getting nervous. If he doesn't have a prep race we can;t go to Cheltenham.

The forecast is horrible???? the BBC must have it very wrong
"Scattered showers Thursday onwards, some wintry, but with plenty of sunshine and dry conditions in between. Very windy Thursday, but lighter winds Friday and Saturday. Patchy ice and frost overnight"

20% chance of rain on Thursday dry Friday and Saturday according to 3 different sources is hardly horrible

I've backed Sprinter at 2.9, but looking very ominous now with nothing waiting to back currently on Betfair. On the plus side, it's a clear sunny morning 3 miles down the road from Ascot...

I reckon you did right (Excuse me while I duck there's an egg coming straight towards my face :lol:)

I took 3 about him earlier and again just a few moments ago wen I saw Newbury was on.

They are expecting heavy rain tonight but then 2 sunny days which is all Ascot needs for the place to drain.

I was tempted to swipe the 800 quid at 2 and above that it would take to make him a 1.88 shot on the machine but it's the QMMC that's the important one for me.

Nicky is saying he has to get a race into him if he is going to make Cheltenham.

If he is serious he will run him on Saturday no matter what the ground if the meeting survives.

His alternative is to wait for the Desert Orchid but that could easily be run in Heavy ground plus he'd be taking on Sire De Grugy opposed to Somersby and co. which would be closer to Cheltenham and a much tougher race to win......It could also be abandoned then what?

He has no choice if he's serious about him not going to Cheltenham (Which sincerely I Doubt)

The sensible thing to do is run him on Saturday unless he is not as well as everyone claims

I reckon you did right (Excuse me while I duck there's an egg coming straight towards my face :lol:)

I took 3 about him earlier and again just a few moments ago wen I saw Newbury was on.

They are expecting heavy rain tonight but then 2 sunny days which is all Ascot needs for the place to drain.

I was tempted to swipe the 800 quid at 2 and above that it would take to make him a 1.88 shot on the machine but it's the QMMC that's the important one for me.

Nicky is saying he has to get a race into him if he is going to make Cheltenham.

If he is serious he will run him on Saturday no matter what the ground if the meeting survives.

His alternative is to wait for the Desert Orchid but that could easily be run in Heavy ground plus he'd be taking on Sire De Grugy opposed to Somersby and co. which would be closer to Cheltenham and a much tougher race to win......It could also be abandoned then what?

He has no choice if he's serious about him not going to Cheltenham (Which sincerely I Doubt)

The sensible thing to do is run him on Saturday unless he is not as well as everyone claims

He can run on Saturday and not win but still hack up in the one that counts. Most definitely not betting material this weekend unless you have a direct connection in the yard and are being told otherwise but even that wouldn't be infallible.

Just listened to the Hendo interview which was interesting (not just on Sprinter). Said Barry would walk Ascot this morning on his way to Newbury, so hopefully he's positive

Just listened to the Hendo interview which was interesting (not just on Sprinter). Said Barry would walk Ascot this morning on his way to Newbury, so hopefully he's positive

thats a bit of a trek. he wont get there in time

Last edited:
Barry says the ground currently is soft with plenty good to soft around. Rain tonight. NJH to walk tomorrow. He will declare and hope the dry days after tomorrow will bring it back to todays ground conditions. If it does he will deffo run. Must be a punt now at 15/8??

2/1 is available and is tempting but not worth doing your b*llox on just incase. only real worry is tonight isn't just a shower. looks like 12 hours of solid rain in the area.

Back