QM Champion Chase betting

Very Strange Sprinter Sacre has drifted out to 6/4 on Betfair but has come in to 3.45 for the QMCC..........could be nothing but you couldn't get a sniff at evens all week until an hour ago.

Hope to hell NJH hasn't spotted a shadow on his hind leg too:confused:

No wonder......NJH has said his splint has completely healed and it's only little niggly things that are keeping him off the racecourse.

I heard it was a muscular problem which is worrying if true.

Apart from allergies Binocular had similar problems which they never did get to the bottom of and it all but ruined his career and eventually ended it.

NJH should be much more open and say exactly what the problem is but most likely wont.

His policy is the more you tell them the more they want to know so the less said the better.

The objective is to keep the press away and let him get on with his real job...........driving his landrover.:lol:

Finally smelling the coffee tanlic, Nicky wouldn't lie straight in bed

Wouldn't have thought he would be tough enough to win a Ryanair.

Some horses can clout one and it seems to take very little out of them but I get the impression he's a bit soft in that department

Agreed....'we've decided to take him to Newbury after racing to have a pipe opener jump 5 fences this time with triolo' .like a book

They shouldnt allow horses to run in the championship races if they have ran that season. This is getting beyond parody with NJH.

Can't say I agree with this, was it not considered a great bit of training with See You Then to win 3 Champion Hurdles on solitary starts each season?

Sacre won't be running this weekend, ground will be heavy.

Just looking on the RP site and currently at Ascot: GOING: GOOD TO SOFT (Soft in places; GoingStick: Chase 6.2, Hurdle 6.0). (Showers)

Hopefully the showers forecast are minimal and we still get Good to Soft come Saturday. Unfortunately as we all know, NJH won't need much encouragement to pull him..

The clerk was on TalkSport this morning. Rain last night and now has turned it soft, then nothing till Friday - expects it to be Soft ground. But as you say I'm sure NJH will say its too soft for a horse thats rated 3 stone better than anythign in the race.

Given Sacre's heart-problem manifest itself on Soft ground at Kempton, I can understand why Henderson is being a touch cautious about the conditions under which he is prepared to re-introduce him.

In this case, I think the caution is justified, though I concede the wider point about the way in which NJH campaigns his best horses. I used to give Henrietta Knight stick for not running Best Mate enough, but in practice, Henderson is no better - his annual quandary about placing his 2m hurdlers (and absolutely refusing to run them against each other) being a particular nonsense.

The clerk was on TalkSport this morning. Rain last night and now has turned it soft, then nothing till Friday - expects it to be Soft ground. But as you say I'm sure NJH will say its too soft for a horse thats rated 3 stone better than anythign in the race.

Very strange saying no rain till Friday, when the met office have issued a yellow alert for wed night for heavy rain in the Ascot area .FWIW I think the 5/2 on the Nichols horse is worth the risk with a no show from SS likely.

It's almost like some don't want the horse to come back and are ignoring what was actually said

"We wouldn't want it TOO heavy" BG

Sprinter Sacre has no problem with very soft or even heavy ground as long as horses are going through it. A bog and no horse can go through it without taking loads out of himself.
Only an idiot would go in those conditions after all the hard work getting him back

Most likely he will run the as the opposition are unlikely to give him a hard race.

Dodging Bullets winning the TK is a feather in his cap but none of the fancied horses ran their race in that.
It is not worth the 165 rating they gave him imo
He's ran on heavy twice and lost twice.

Somersby wouldn't want it heavy.

WM is on the fence and while his horse has a lot to find if Sprinter Sacre looks like running he may not send him.

Somersby has enough on his plate to try and finish in front of Dodging Bullets

Back