QM Champion Chase betting

Nicky's already confirmed he is going to run him.

Stan James is going 8/11 but that is no surprise as he was offering the best odds on the weather.....guess his book will be well filled by now

To be honest I will get just as much pleasure from seeing him back to his best - if that's indeed what he is - as I would from winning an even £100 and I doubt I'd be prepared to stake more than that given the circumstances so it will be a no-bet race for me.

2/1 for the QM may well be more tempting but with the history of big name NJH horses missing out in the build up to the festival I'll swerve that one too. It'll probably mean the QM race is a no-bet too if he wins well on Saturday but there are 26 other races and the thrill of watching him will more than compensate.

Fantastic news that he's scheduled to run and hurry back SDG.

Even I wouldn't be tempted at 2/1 before Saturdays race Wilson. There's no juice left and there's a better option.

You'd be better having twice as much on Saturday's outcome at evens imo. I really can't see any excuse for him not hacking up against this lot.

Of course there could be something stupid happen but if he were to trail in well beaten you could get any price you like for the QMCC especially with Sire De Grugy on the way back.

Right, ticket booked (Premier for £22 incl of a drinks voucher using the voucher code RUK2015 if anyone's interested...) & I'll pass on your best wishes Fist :D

Ascot hospitality reported to have ordered extra bottles of gin in for Hendo on his request just to calm his nerves for the duration of tomorrow's racing :)

sporting life verdict

Former champion Sprinter Sacre makes his long-awaited return but Nicky Henderson will be taking it one race at a time and he'll have to be somewhere near his best to get the better of DODGING BULLETS.

who writes this sh*t

Corals will be going 2/1 Sprinter for tomorrow's Clarence House for about ten minutes in the morning from 8:30

(But only to max £10 stake). :D

I'm a bit tied up be a good lad cash this and run round their shops for me :ninja:
I understood you had already spunked your entire load on this beast, no?
I suspect the issuer of the cheque doesn't have the funds to back it up, so I'll decline your request. No hard feelings, I hope?

Wise choice...but it's not him you have to worry about. the old beggar is so rich when he writes a cheque it's the bank that bounces:o

Don't really have that much on him today Ahem!!!! but put it this way: If he doesn't win the QMCC I may have to try and cash that cheque myself

Actually if he wins today then my bets in the QMCC are just about for nowt so fingers crossed he does the business.

Hard to believe he's still available around evens when he's 23 lbs clear of his nearest rival.

There is of course an element of risk but a lot of people will be kicking themselves if he hacks up and they didn't backed him.

We will soon know

Last edited:
Corals will be going 2/1 Sprinter for tomorrow's Clarence House for about ten minutes in the morning from 8:30

(But only to max £10 stake). :D

They didn't exactly make it easy to find. Still I got on. Only beer money but had a £20 free bet at evens so have 4/1 for my tenner

They didn't exactly make it easy to find. Still I got on. Only beer money but had a £20 free bet at evens so have 4/1 for my tenner
Not sure about that, Viking.
Your free bet will be of a "Stake Not Returned" basis, so for your £20 free bet @ 2/1 you will effectively be getting only Evens.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, 'n all that ....................... :)

If he wins my two bets return £50 including £10 staked which I make 4/1. Less opportunity cost of using the free bet for something else [emoji3]

When you have a free bet like that and want to back an even money shot you should always double it with something.

The reason being that they take the free bet stake off after the bet has been FULLY calculated.

So for example you fancy both Sprinter Sacre today at evens and Faugheen at evens for the Champion Hurdle.

A) You put your free £20 on Sprinter Sacre who wins and stake all returns on Faugheen. That means you have £20 win (this time cash) on Faugheen so when he wins you get £40 back.
B) You use your £20 free bet on the double. After Sprinter wins you actually have £40 going onto Faugheen because at this point your free bet is still included. Then after Faugheen wins you'd get back £80 minus the £20 free bet = £60.

They've always worked it this way but I reckon it's only a matter of time before they twig and start deducting the free bet after the first leg of multiples.

Last edited:
Back