Queen Elizabeth II Stakes

I think this race is easy to sum up

There is little to choose between Henry and Tam on the form book. Strict readings could put Tamayuz in front. Conditions seem ok for both and stable confidence seems ok

But Henry's ahead in the market...

Whatever the reasons for the last bad run, you would have to be 100% confident the reasons given were the sole and only reason for the dip in form. Thats a hard call isnt it? Even if there is a 20% doubt say, then the market is skewed imo

I like Henry a lot, but will be very interested to see them all in the paddock tomorrow. Cant wait to be there.

If i had a choice, would love to see Ravens Pass win. Just not quite sure hes going to have that little bit extra

Just nice to have a proper race to look forward to - they've been pretty thin on the ground since Royal Ascot!

Anybody no where I could find a video of the Jean Prat or the Marois? I've hunted around but they don't seem to be on Youtube...

If i had a choice, would love to see Ravens Pass win. Just not quite sure hes going to have that little bit extra

If I can get 4s i`ll be going in again on Raven`s Pass. He was ridden closer to the pace in the Sussex Stakes than he was in the St James Palace. I`m of the opinion that if that race had been over ten/fifteen yards further he`d have got past AOB`s animal. I backed RP at Goodwood and to be honest I did so without really fancying his chances. I wasn`t sure how he was going to beat Henry... All I could offer if asked was a vague hope that he`d be closer up throughout the race. Now however I have more hope, I believe if he can be ridden as close to the pace as he was at Goodwood he has a cracking chance tomorrow. Goodwood is a notoriously hard track to pass animals on and I feel the uphill finish at Ascot will suit a horse who looks to me like he`d stay further in top company.

What did you make of his last run at Goodwood, Euro? Made all at a sensible (albeit decent) gallop. I thought he was coming to the end of his tether in the last half-furlong, though he had the race well sewn up by then. He has proven beyond all doubt he gets a mile (something I doubted myself after the Guineas), but I can't see him getting any further.

I can't see him beating Henrythenavigator either.

Good confidence boost.

Are you telling me, that you really think that poor old Ravens was a bit down in the dumps at keeping coming a fast-finishing second to Henrythenavigator, that now after bullying some inferior opposition that he'll now be full of the joys of spring and ready to lay it down to the champion. Was it lack of confidence from the horse or jockey/trainer that was the problem at Ascot and Goodwood?

the question for me is how Tamayuz will handle the trip from France, but he should be favorite in the betting.

The ground was Good to Soft for the Moulin not Good. If it`s good or g/f on Saturday Henry will beat Tamuyuz.

If I can get 4s i`ll be going in again on Raven`s Pass.

just who do you think will win Euronymous? you only need to back Tamayuz for the full house;)

Ravens Pass would need to be 8/1-10/1 before any value came in to play...are you saying you think RP wins this race 1 in every 5??...thats some leap of faith and an over the top estimate of RP's chance imo.

Henrythenavigator is not at the track yet, delay due to the fog. The Ballydoyle two year olds miss the Royal Lodge Stakes.

just who do you think will win Euronymous? you only need to back Tamayuz for the full house;)

Ravens Pass would need to be 8/1-10/1 before any value came in to play...are you saying you think RP wins this race 1 in every 5??...thats some leap of faith and an over the top estimate of RP's chance imo.

Well, my mind does change because my betting is price related. Earlier in the week Tamayuz was 6/4 on Betfair and Henry was over 9/4. I really don`t think there is much between the three of them so I favour RP based on the odds.

I`m not convinced the ground is that fast. The horses in the first two races all looked quite tired. I think the BBC are misleading the punters at home with all this record breaking. The Royal Lodge was run on good/soft last year and good (ish) in George Washington`s year. How many over decent contests are run over 8f for 2 year olds.

I remember Gosden putting me off Nannina before the Windsor Forest last year in one of his honest interviews. His comment re Raven`s Pass not being at his peak because of the Breeders Cup hopefully wont result in the same gnashing of teeth. Can`t touch him now to be honest. A race to watch and not punt in methinks.

The Royal Lodge time gives exactly..to the lb..the same going correction as the first race..just venturing into.. good to firm territory

Sounds like its loose on top after the watering and the heavy dew this morning. Not good news....Gosden sounds very disappointed for Ravens Pass.

can't see past Henrythenavigator myself, looks a shoe in. There is no reason why Raven's Pass should beat him. Three tries, three fails, 4/4 for Henry.

Not convinced by the French horse.

Back