Queen Elizabeth II Stakes

the straight track yesterday gave similar results..the round times I have are completely valid once you have done the work comparing them to the old times

there is no way the ground is slower than at Newmarket..it's faster by some way

sounds like henry needs a road..would have been better off pulling him out then Gal?

Tamayuz just looks a better bet as the afternoon develops

Might be the biggest betting race of the day but sticking this big handicap in between the Group1s does nothing to heighten the anticipation for the big race today.

The ground being the biggest factor one should factor into your bets suggests that anything over 2s on Tamayuz should be taken. I reckon RP and Henry... will hate that ground.

No excuses in my opinion, the tide has turned and probably a deserved success. I don't think you can honestly blame the ground about the 2nd, as they have pulled so far clear of the remainder.

Tamayuz was awash beforehand, not run a race at all...Henry not at his very best which has left the race for Ravens Pass

I couldn't have had RP at that price

A friend of mine got stuck into Ravens Pass at 8s for the Breeders Cup Mile during the week.I wonder if Fortune will kep the ride.

First opinion Henry is over the top.

If he was over the top he wouldn't have pulled so far clear of the 3rd, Ravens has been bridging the gap all season and finally after a confident ride at Goodwood, they realised how to ride him.

Not sure if its an excuse, but (as I posted after the first furlong) Henry did not travel strongly early on.

Do you not think that was more about the frantic gallop. He got within a head of Ravens at the furlong pole, the difference today was Ravens wasn't giving him a 3L head start. I just think Ravens Pass was a better horse today, problem is alot of people think Henry is unbeatable and will say he has under performed rather than Ravens has proven today he could beat him with a confident ride.

Do you not think that was more about the frantic gallop. He got within a head of Ravens at the furlong pole, the difference today was Ravens wasn't giving him a 3L head start. I just think Ravens Pass was a better horse today, problem is alot of people think Henry is unbeatable and will say he has under performed rather than Ravens has proven today he could beat him with a confident ride.

I do not think anyone is suggesting Ravens Pass was not the best horse today.

Henry won a Coventry Stakes, I do not think early pace was a problem.

As a 2yo I really rated RP..top class speed figure and all..but up to this moment has not looked the same horse

maybe Chris is right..being closer has helped

should be an interesting race time

can't see past Henrythenavigator myself, looks a shoe in. There is no reason why Raven's Pass should beat him. Three tries, three fails, 4/4 for Henry.

I just think Ravens Pass was a better horse today, problem is alot of people think Henry is unbeatable and will say he has under performed rather than Ravens has proven today he could beat him with a confident ride.

Hmmm.

What's wrong with my comment's Gal ????

I thought Henry would beat him but I was wrong, but I aint making excuses for henry, I accept he was beat by a better horse and a horse that has probably now eclipsed him.

However immediately after the race, your response was looking for reason's why Henry got beat suggesting that wasn't his best form. I think thats as good as Henry is, but he met one better.

It is somewhat bizarre though that all season we have been waiting for fast ground, yet when (if nature was let) we would have it the clerk of the course intervenes and there are still some doubts about it. Clearly fast ground underneath but the jockeys (including the winning jockeys) are saying it is loose on top.

What's wrong with my comment's Gal ????

I thought Henry would beat him but I was wrong, but I aint making excuses for henry, I accept he was beat by a better horse and a horse that has probably now eclipsed him.

However immediately after the race, your response was looking for reason's why Henry got beat suggesting that wasn't his best form. I think thats as good as Henry is, but he met one better.

Err...

a) Gareth said it
b) I said it on the thread after half a furlong. I purposely had it ready to see how Henry would travel early on...not aftertiming and I have said RP was the best on the day.

Hi, I'm Gareth, pleased to meet you.

The problem I have is with your comment that "problem is alot of people think Henry is unbeatable". You were one of them before the race. Who are and where are these people now?

Back