Racing Today

have layed Golden Silver in the 1.30..a few question marks and Big Zeb has the better Punchestown form..Mansony not out of it..1.89 is way too short imo

cheers Colin

Don't think the horse is in love with Punchestown - some of Big Zebs jumping was amazing..one on the far side early looked like he made up 3 or 4 lengths...fav didn't jump and has run a good race under circs..take a good one to stop him next time

Big Fella Thanks looks very big at 3s in the Graduation Chase. He has a slightly better OR than Duc de Reigneire who has never looked as good over fences. I see little between them and may look for a match bet.

I like the following at Thurles today...

Ptit Fute in the beginners chase. Thought he was given a quiet enough intro last time out and has the makes of a decent novice chaser with more potential than Warcraft and Lurgan.

In the novice chase I think Kempes wants better ground, An Cathaoir Mor had the race fall into his lap the last day and has to give weight away. My preference is for Jagoes Mills who has been well backed this morning and he was pretty impressive last time.

I see that Coole River, conqueror of Quel Esprit last time, runs at Navan today; he doesn't seem to be entered at Cheltenham, does anyone know the plan for him?

Is Ghimaar not over priced in the Dovecote today? Rated 102 on the flat and Henderson's record with this sort of horse wouldn't be half bad. Anyone a major reason to oppose this one?

Think that Some Fool is a decent enough price at 6's in the finale at Navan today. Won well on his final start in points but prior to that he'd been favourite to beat the now Sarah Humphrey trained Carpincho at Maralin - he made a bad mistake when challenging but still went down by only a neck and the winner has franked the form massively since with two good runs, an impressive win at Catterick and a placing behind Al Ferof in a Grade 2 Bumper down at Newbury.

Don't know too much about the jockey - Ms L O'Neill but looking at her stats on the RP and Point to Point site she doesn't look much good which is a worry.

Ghimaar does look overpriced on his flat form -well worth an each way bet if he takes to hurdling though there's a danger they'll try and get him handicapped. Vino Griego was very highly regarded by the Moore yard last season and there's been plenty of money for Grey Soldier today.

I really fancied Miss Mitch very strongly in the big race. I reckon her race with The Sawyer and Kilcrea Castle looks the key to today's race so in the mare's absence Kilcrea Castle wins (hopefully).

I like today:

Kilcrea Csatle in the RP Chase

At Navan
3:10 Posh Bird looks interesting in a very hot hcp

Hangover and Nicanor are also interesting-

Backed nacarat in racing post chase ran a cracking race should run well at aintree given good ground,bit worried about razor royale decidedly wobbly after race mind you he took the last fence with him, hope he is ok.

Weird race. Even Mrs O remarked that Nacarat didn't appear to jump fluently. Kilcrea Castle stookied every fence down the back both circuits. I'm not sure the form will amount to a lot. I think RR just acted better in the ground than anything else, although I'd add that I thought it ran very green up the straight and will be a smashing horse next year.

Backed nacarat in racing post chase ran a cracking race should run well at aintree given good ground,bit worried about razor royale decidedly wobbly after race mind you he took the last fence with him, hope he is ok.

Razor fine after race, just knackered, very hard race for the horses today. Shame they could not both win, very brave and most deserving. Ray tends to make a mistake now and again, gets so into his racing he forgets to jump. Paddy very good on him.

Back