Retirements and Departures 2013

Thomas Chippendale collapsed and died after winning the Hardwicke at Ascot :( thoughts are with all the connections

I was at Kempton on Wednesday night and a horse collapsed and died at the end of the 8:40 race, I believe the horse was Dream Prospector, I didn't hear an announcement but the jockey who stayed with the horse was Ferguson Sweeney who was riding him. Rip x

Maybe one coming out of retirement

Borderlescott, retired late last year, is a surprise entry among the 55 in the Group 1 Coolmore Nunthorpe Stakes at York on August 23.

"He won't be staying here but he could go hunting - he has retired in one piece, he's a good-looking horse and people will want to see him."

I think a very good horse who never reached his potential. Shame. I hope he has a long and happy and active retirement.

Nx

DR NAOYA YOSHIDA reported via Twitter on Tuesday that champion juvenile Fasliyev, who was standing at Yushun Stallion Copmany in Japan, has died due to a severe diaphragmatic hernia.
Taking to the social media site, Winchester Farm president Yoshida wrote: "A champion 2yo colt in EU, Fasliyev (Nureyev) passed away due to severe diaphragmatic hernia last night in Japan. He was splendid at 2."
Bred by Harold Harrison, Fasliyev was bought as a yearling by Demi O'Byrne to race in the famous colours of Mrs John Magnier and Michael Tabor.
Sent out by Aidan O'Brien, the son of Nureyev was unbeaten as a juvenile, winning his maiden by three lengths before going on to land a Listed race and Royal Ascot's Coventry Stakes.

I am sorry to say that Paphos sustained what appears to be a fatal injury in the race at Bath yesterday. I have not been able to get final confirmation but the last report I had was that David Evans and the vet were examining the horse after he broke down in the course of running the race and that they believed that he had a broken bone which cannot be mended.

Was it your club that had become part owners chef?

Noticed it in the owners name on the RP site.

Reason given for his withdrawal tomorrow at Brighton is sadly that he is indeed no longer with us.

Last edited:
Back