Retirements and Departures 2013

Ulysse Collonges was fatally injured at Haydock on Sat after he went wrong and was pulled up. Only 5 :(

I wonder do breeders insure their mares? She was bought for €70k only last year or the year before. A real kick in the teeth for the breeder.

I used to work at a large stud and they didn't. The cost can be enormous.
Getting quotes for my mare to include death cover makes the premiums too expensive for me to afford and she's a 'cheapy'.

Is the foal ok? Much as it upsets me to hear of any fatalities it really gets to me to hear of a mare that's safely gone off to the paddocks and then loses her life when she's just had a foal;they should be out in a field together now. Awful.

One of the three horses involved in the pile-up at Kilbeggan on Friday night was put down. I think it was Gates Of Rome, who stumbled and fell, bringing down the other two.

Hope The Wonga Coup was alright after that fall the other day but he stayed on the ground.

Made me proud one day when winning at 20/1. I cannot recall too many winners like him since.

If anyone has any news that'd be nice. Thank you.

Anyone know if Mixed Blend was ok after the bumper at Kelso yesterday? He was pulled up and dismounted as there was something wrong with his off foreleg. Overheard someone say that they thought his leg was ok but it might have been his knee. Thanks

Shuh Shuh Gah, or Charlie, as known to those that bred him and knew him, half brother to my mare and a real sweetie boy, bless him. Breeders absolutely gutted at the news

Back