Road to Royal Ascot, 2023

Well done, reet.

Another sore one for me. Chaldean is a decent sort but Paddington has clearly improved past him. Must be approaching 125 now.

Well just shows you should double check bets! I have a v slow internet connection and it froze as I went to check but thought oh that’s ok, Paddington was my banker today. I had put him in doubles with Inspiral and another with H Princess so I thought of course I remember doing him to win.....but it obviously never registered....:(
Ah well...on to the next!

Just wondering, should your Euromillions ticket come good tonight (65,000,000) would you buy shares in Paddington, Auguste Rodin or Ace Impact anyone ?
Just thinking of the racing season ahead for now , worry about breeding shed later.

Last edited:
Surely they'll be tempted to go over 10 furlongs at some point with Paddington:

PADDINGTON
ped_i.gif
(GB) b. C, 2020 {1-p} DP = 1-5-16-6-0 (28) DI = 1.00 CD = 0.04

William Buick riding for Nicky Henderson if I bet against it and it wins I'd be sick as a parrot.

Ahorsewithnoname 10/1 Plus a saver. 6 places 2.08

Thursday, 2.30 - His Majesty 12/1, 4 places - Given the way O’Brien’s are running His Majesty is probably worth taking now. Between the name, the occasion and the stable form, the chances are a public gamble will develop.

It was 16/1 when I started typing the above. You can still get 16s but only to three places.

William Buick riding for Nicky Henderson if I bet against it and it wins I'd be sick as a parrot.

Nice one [emoji106][emoji106]

Followed you in on that one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Annoying result for me. I backed her in the Ces and opposed her today because I thought she didn't stay that day. Maybe being in foal has made all the difference.

Maybe I should get Mrs O up the duff and stick her in the London Marathon...

At least I got a return on the race. East Asia was a non-runner so I got that money back :ninja:

Last edited:
Used to be quite common putting mares in foal to run especially if they are tricky as it settles their hormones. Wouldn’t have put me off....except that I didn’t back her!

My hunch went south.....:(

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Annoying result for me. I backed her in the Ces and opposed her today because I thought she didn't stay that day. Maybe being in foal has made all the difference.

Maybe I should get Mrs O up the duff and stick her in the London Marathon...

:D she’ll slap you round the ears with a wet fish if you leave the screen visible. Nice result that, I was never going to lose much so I won't win much, but every little helps to coin a phrase, jj’s hunch notwithstanding.

Last edited:
Love King Of Conquest to bits, and he'll probably be ok on the ground, but I've swerved him owing to a lousy draw.

Saga is huge and maybe he's out of his league but 14/1?? Will back it EW

It's about time Oisin got one on the board and he's unlikely to let Buckaroo 7/2 get away so I've back him to.

We could have a shonky hotpot in the last in the form of Vauban.

No matter how you sugarcoat it he has been well beaten in every race he ran over hurdles last season.

His flat form is France was on soft which is another neg.

Only problem now is finding one that can beat him............William Buick again? will do for me

Actually that was quite something rewatching it...he’ll of a turn of foot and brilliantly judged pace.

Geezus he looked beat just before the home turn with Ryan pushing away and 1/2 dozen behind him on the bridle.

Then in a matter of strides he destroyed them...........Makes you wonder what the hell is under Constitution Hill's bonnet

Back