Road to Royal Ascot, 2023

Kensington Palace
Villanova Queen
Jessie thought her classy enough to run in a Gp3 first up this season, but ground was probably against her.
Thwarted by lack of pace latest. Interesting that Colin Keane comes over for the single ride.
16/1

Nice one Reet.nice price.

Last edited:
Kensington Palace
Villanova Queen
Jessie thought her classy enough to run in a Gp3 first up this season, but ground was probably against her.
Thwarted by lack of pace latest. Interesting that Colin Keane comes over for the single ride.
16/1 6 pl B365.

Duke Of Cambridge
Jumbly
Ran fresh in small Gp2 after a long break latest. Cobwebs blown away.ready for this,looks a soliid bet.
9/4 B365.

POW
Hard to know where the pace will come from, though Luxembourg and the yank could both set it.
However, Wm Buick's no mug, and Adayar is likely to ensure they're all kept honest.
3/1 B365

Queen's Vase
Pretty confident Peking Opera can take this - bet of the day for me.
11/2 B365

well done Reet!

O.Murphy for one.

I backed her at 12s last week
I saw the draw I thought that's not bad Onassis won from 1
I realised it was on the round course, my heart sank but I thought Oisin is quality he might overcome it
No. Cieren Fallon level shite is what I got.

Not for the first time this week, Dettori appears to be accepting defeat very readily. Asked Prosperous a couple of questions and then gave up. Probably looking after a horse with no more to offer but it's not a good look when the money's on.

Last edited:
I will agree with you on that...he’s a sulky barsteward when things don’t go right for him. Even my mother has noticed!

Not for the first time this week, Dettori appears to be accepting defeat very readily. Asked Prosperous a couple of questions and then gave up. Probably looking after a horse with no more to offer but it's not a good look when the money's on.

Were there odds for him not riding any winners this Royal Ascot?

Followed you in with Villanova Queen. Thanks reet, great tipping.
Thanks,guys - that's a profit for the week.:D

Nick, glad you kept the faith; there are plenty of good tipsters on this forum,but we always welcome new blood.
No pressure, why not dp your toe in the water occasionally?
Best wishes,Reet.

I'm scratching my head and simply can't find anyway Luxemburg 2/1 can be beat..
Cant' see where Bay Bridge can reverse placing as he would never have gotten to him last time and Adayar surely wants it softer than this?

Thanks,guys - that's a profit for the week.:D

Nick, glad you kept the faith; there are plenty of good tipsters on this forum,but we always welcome new blood.
No pressure, why not dp your toe in the water occasionally?
Best wishes,Reet.

Cheers, will do. I’m one who tends to go for a bigger price so more often that not I end up with egg on my face but I will put a few up for tomorrow’s racing and see how they get on.

4.20 - I’ve taken 25/1 (boosted to 28s) Mostahdaf. When he won over 10½f at Riyadh early this year on fast ground he clocked 2m 6s. Extrapolate any 10f time in the UK an extra half-furlong and you’ll be doing well to get close to that. Then factor in the ones he beat. Second was Dubai Future, currently on 113 and his best three RPRs are 118. He was beaten seven lengths. Third was Flying Visit whose current rating is 97 but the time before posted an RPR of 108. He was beaten 12¾ lengths. Fourth was Missed The Cut, OR 111, beaten a further 1¾ lengths. It is genuinely top class form and I’m not convinced the others in this field could do that to the same opposition. There are only two places on offer but I’m not sure I’ll need the place portion.

If you're gonna be right you might as well be spectacularly right.

That has cheered me up no end.

(Still hasn't guaranteed me a profit on the week, mind :lol:)

That was a Group performance from Jimi Hendrix.

It will be interesting to see if the handicapper rates him relative to the other placings or to those on the far side (which is what I'll be doing). Well done anyone that backed him. Sonny Liston was well clear on the near side and probably won't go up as much as he should.

Sh1t hot form.

Back