Road to the 1000 Guineas

Full quote for those interested: Maureen Haggas said of Sentaril: "I don't think she'll get a mile so we'll look at something like the Jersey Stakes and then maybe bring her back to six furlongs. She's like her mum, she's quite a professional."

I'm all over Moonstone Magic for this, she's got plenty going for her and at 10/1, she represents a decent price in the field. There's little depth after Maybe, the two Godolphin horses and the French filly and she arguably should be ahead of all of them in the betting bar Maybe.

Discourse has drifted to be a nice enough price though and I'll save her.

I'll also chance my arm on Radio Gaga to hold the Fred Darling form up and I can see her running a huge race outrunning her price without making the frame!

Maybe was a pleasant surprise to AOB last year winning 5 of the bounce ending with a win in Group 1 but the party is surely over.

Nothing improves faster than a filly and I tend to look for one that's been well looked after and nothing appeals more than Lyric of Light.

When she beat Samitar at Newmarket last year Frankie nursed her through the race like a baby and I think we'll see a much better horse today when Frankie gives her the go ahead.

Easy to back at around 12 on the machine I can't see that lasting.

Lyric of Light.

Like the 2000 I've changed my mind a few times but I'm sticking with La Collina now who I feel is sure too appreciate step up in trip (as stated by her trainer in the RP today) and has enough form to disturb the Maybe party if she's developed from 2 to 3.

Last edited:
Well she has enough of a chance for you to have to tell me she has no chance, surely...;)

I hope the lads who found Power on the Rowley mile yesterday are still in Newmarket so connections don't miss the boat home...

Back