Road to the Champion Hurdle 19/20

The way the race is developing , could be harder to win the supreme or ballymore than the champion hurdle

Lee Mottershead wrote a fairly compelling, unoriginal article as to why he could/should go Champion route in today's RP. That would have helped.

Last edited:
Blogger posted on Twitter last night that he heard a ‘shrewdie’ say Envoi Allen goes here. Think he actually holds an entry an all, so won’t need supplementing.

Only a couple of weeks ago, Elliott made it clear he goes straight to the ballymore. I know the race has cut up a bit more over the last week but I'd be very surprised if he did go for it.

Not so sleepy goes for this according to his trainer. Being a front runner, he'll give Pentland a lovely toe into the race :whistle:

Absolute crazy. I’m a fan of the horse and the starter ruined any chance he had in the Betfair. But surely if he’s to even place in this, he’d win the County on his current mark? Not sure what’s more valuable like.

Wrong decision, probably see more like it as well as they chase empty glory before Boover gets supplemented the week before :lol:

Yep, I want Pentland getting a lovely toe in an all, so I can lay the bollocks off him when he inevitably finds **** all

Last edited:
Absolute crazy. I’m a fan of the horse and the starter ruined any chance he had in the Betfair. But surely if he’s to even place in this, he’d win the County on his current mark? Not sure what’s more valuable like.

Wrong decision, probably see more like it as well as they chase empty glory before Boover gets supplemented the week before :lol:

Yep, I want Pentland getting a lovely toe in an all, so I can lay the bollocks off him when he inevitably finds **** all

I think the Champion is worth over £250k to the winner, the County just over £50k, so five times more valuable, give or take.

I'm not saying I know the horse. Someone has told me there will be an eye catching supplement coming up and well it can only be the Champion Hurdle.
Would Stormy Ireland count as eye-catching? I've not heard anything but she'd look to have a chance.

No she hasn't beaten a horse that was off this year. It's obviously Chilaos Emery which doesn't excite me one bit.

Last edited:
No she hasn't beaten a horse that was off this year. It's obviously Chilaos Emery which doesn't excite me one bit.

Entered in the Red Mills 2 mile hurdle on Saturday.

Can’t blame connections really, would have no chance in the Champion Chase. Was hoping for Boover. Not really sure what to think of Cilaos Emery. Not sure he’d even beat Sharjah.

Last edited:
Entered in the Red Mills 2 mile hurdle on Saturday.

Can’t blame connections really, would have no chance in the Champion Chase. Was hoping for Boover. Not really sure what to think of Cilaos Emery. Not sure he’d even beat Sharjah.

Genuine 160 horse but I would need to see a big performance on Saturday.

Genuine 160 horse but I would need to see a big performance on Saturday.

He’s got nothing to beat really. Darasso I think could be useful, but wouldn’t surprise me if he ends up being a long term project for something else.

Few people on Twitter mentioning Carlo Biraghi? Never even heard of it. His form isn’t anything great either. Unless I’m completely missing something.

He’s got nothing to beat really. Darasso I think could be useful, but wouldn’t surprise me if he ends up being a long term project for something else.

Few people on Twitter mentioning Carlo Biraghi? Never even heard of it. His form isn’t anything great either. Unless I’m completely missing something.

Twitter is full of ******* idiots.

Disappointing on multiple fronts. Thought early season that CE could make up into a serious QMCC contender.
I have him in a few speculative E/W Multi's.

Even if you were excited by him in the CH, there's no price available now and if he wins on Sat he'll be massively overbet straight away.

Disappointing on multiple fronts. Thought early season that CE could make up into a serious QMCC contender.
I have him in a few speculative E/W Multi's.

Even if you were excited by him in the CH, there's no price available now and if he wins on Sat he'll be massively overbet straight away.

20/1

He was rated 159 over hurdles and might have improved. If he wins on Saturday he would have some sort of a chance. I wouldn't have taken less than 20s myself.

Cornerstone Lad is a G1 winner, beating an “adrenaline-fuelled” Boover, albeit with a large splinter, in the Fighting Fifth. He raced well in the trial at Haydock, winning at the weights. 33/1 is decent price; cannot be discounted.

Last edited:
No disrespect. But when Cornerstone Lad and Thomas Darby are getting mentioned as contenders, you know the race is fucked.

Back