Road to the Champion Hurdle 19/20

We'd get a fair price aswell, double.

Every bulletin that's come from the yard since his surgery has been very positive.

I can’t see him on any markets, don’t really know what I’m doing with exchanges fully just yet. Especially with anti post bets.

A neck defeat of Ballyandy and only 1.5 lengths ahead of Ch’tibello getting 4lb is a million miles away from CH form.

Pentland Hills wasn’t disgraced IMO just tiring against mostly race fit rivals.

But Nicky visibly excited by Fusil Raffles when interviewed on the telly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Pentland Hills blew up after travelling like a dream. I’ve put him in my book at 12/1 ew. That’s a big overreaction of a price.

I agree on the Call Me Lord comments. He’s the classic in between horse and he had his big race yesterday. The big plus though is they now know they can take him left handed which open up some new options.

Don't write off Elixir du Nutz either. That was clearly a fitness exercise fir a horse that was desperate to see a racecourse. He was as fresh as anything and very obviously needed the race. The market vibes were 100% correct. Newbury followed by Cheltenham?

Klassical Dream is still the one though, which I expect to become clear at Christmas now he’s had the benefit of a run.

Klassical Dream should possibly have jumped a fence but he has been too disappointing this year to be true

One thing he is missing this year is his pilot

Not PT bashing at all but the secret is out now on how to beat KD

They must be tempted with Honeysuckle

Klassical Dream should possibly have jumped a fence but he has been too disappointing this year to be true

One thing he is missing this year is his pilot

Not PT bashing at all but the secret is out now on how to beat KD

They must be tempted with Honeysuckle

Think judging by how he jumped the 5th last, he had the same thoughts!

He has been very disappointing. Given the way he hosed up at Cheltenham in the Supreme, I for one thought he would be a very solid CH contender this year.

The 2020 renewal of the CH looks worse with every day that goes by!

Buveir mending well but still ruled out for the season (the last I read).

What a shame.

He would win 9/10 renewals against this lot.

I will have to soon start looking at where the each way value is in this race.

When is Cornerstone Lad out again?

Last edited:
Maybe the Supreme form just isn’t that good?

Think Sharjah was primed for this race anyway, was shortening massive all night. I backed him and got absolutely screwed by the rule 4. Why Apples Jade was still in the market I don’t know, then Darasso withdrawn.

Crazy this I know, and for the prices I’m seeing I won’t be gambling.

Seen this suggestion on Twitter. I laughed then thought about it again, and I don’t think it’s as crazy as it seems when i first looked.

I bring you a Champion Hurdle each way shout, one from way outside the box.

Not So Sleepy.

I’m hoping I’m being not so stupid for looking through his form tonight as my plans. I first thought Coral Cup or County. But in order to win a County you have to be basically a fringe Champion Hurdle horse.

Last edited:
Maybe the Supreme form just isn’t that good?

Think Sharjah was primed for this race anyway, was shortening massive all night. I backed him and got absolutely screwed by the rule 4. Why Apples Jade was still in the market I don’t know, then Darasso withdrawn.

I did wonder that myself, but with the likes of Fakir D'oudairies and Angels Breath in behind that day, i wonder how much credence you can give that theory. Of course, there is a huge chance that both the fore-mentioned have improved significantly since, especially Fakir.

No entry for Saldier in the Irish Champion Hurdle. It doesn't look good for him making Cheltenham.

And Elliot only has 3 Entries - Apples Jade, Abacadabras and Envoi Allen!

With Apples, I'd have thought going up to 3m was more likely these day, but I suppose she deserves at least a chance to defend her crown.

But with no Couer Sublime or Felix Desjy even entered, and If Apples maybe doesn't make it, is it actually a real possibility that Envoi Allen could take this in?

No entry for Saldier in the Irish Champion Hurdle. It doesn't look good for him making Cheltenham.

Patrick Mullins has said on Lydia Hislops show he’s in great form at home and will most likely go straight to Cheltenham. As would Klassical Dream ground dependant.

Thinking of dutching him with Ballyandy. Pentland Hills is too short and I wanna say that Call me Lord was advantaged by having the stand side rail to run against at Cheltenham and won't have that at Haydock. But I remember this race a few years back

https://www.racingpost.com/results/23/haydock/2016-11-19/661139

they came standside that day. Mmmm

Pentland Hills 6/4 Vs Call me Lord 4/1 - tells me that CML won't run.
Also, it's going to be proper heavy winter ground on Sat - CML wouldn't appreciate that.
I think Cornerstone Lad and Ballyandy are highly likely to both run, so taking the prices on these 2 now is the smart play imo.

Yeah I'd like to see a smaller trainer like Micky Hammond have a really good hurdler.

No disrespect to the Hendersons and Nicholls of the world, but every so often a smaller trainer needs to break through with the right horse.

The fact Cornerstone Lad has won and placed in a few handicap hurdles shouldn't be used to diminish his chances. It's made him tough.

Last edited:
Entries released today

attachment.php

Attachments

• Temp.jpg
    Temp.jpg
    226.3 KB · Views: 87
Looking at the weekends racing and the pricing, Darrasso is currently 33/1 NRNB for this race. Should he come close at the weekend, which I feel he could and will be backing, 33/1 looks a steal and could go very short in the market.

If he runs a stinker he doesn’t go. Best value I can find at the moment.

Re Klassical Dream. Can we not just say that last year's supreme (and novices) was terrible and forget about it, and Klassical Dream as a Grade 1 hurdler.

Back