Road To The Champion Hurdle

imo, connections have run Hurricane Fly in those races for the experience as he has only had 10runs over hurdles in his career up to date, 3 so far this season. If you discount Sublimity then you would have to go back a long way to find a CH winner who had less than 10 runs over hurdles before winning it and less than 3 races the season of their win. The fact those races have all been Grade 1's shows how highly they rate the horse.

Hurricane Fly has admittedly faced similar opposition in those races but to my eye he's won each one easy and looked better each time. He looks a lot, lot better than the O/R he's been receiving to my eye and hasn't been tested in any of his runs so far and I beleve the CH is his target and always was.

I said on this thread a while ago that I thought Peddlers Cross, Binocular & Menorah would fill the first three places in the CH and no doubt one or two challengers would emerge from Ireland. Well one challenger has emerged from Ireland who has questions to answer but the question I keep asking myself is: How good is he? Can't wait to find out.

Looks like Peddlers and Binocular are going to clash on Sat as although PC is also in at Ffos Las Overturn is only entered there and not at Sandown.

Looks like Peddlers and Binocular are going to clash on Sat as although PC is also in at Ffos Las Overturn is only entered there and not at Sandown.

Interesting if it takes place. I've got the feeling it won't happen again before the Champion itself though.

With all the double entries there are going to be two small field races either way - can you see McCain running Overturn against Peddlers? I cannot so maybe they will wait with Overturn for something a little later. The ideal scenario would be for both Binocular and Peddler's to hose up in their respective races and further spice up the CH! Cannot see OW live with Peddlers arounf Ffos Las.:ninja:

Are people seriously suggesting that Hurricane Fly shouldn't run in the Champion Hurdle?!

Have they lost their mind?!

Of all the things I've read on all the internet forums, all the wacky theories, the far fetched trolling, the taking an opinion for the sake of it, all the mad shite that eventually drives people away or to insanity, I really cannot believe that this point of view is actually being put forward seriously.

If one of the two most likely winners doesn't run in the race, then what's the point in it being the Championship. Barmy, barmy, barmy...looking forward to this thread being stickied.

Are people seriously suggesting that Hurricane Fly shouldn't run in the Champion Hurdle?!

Of all the things I've read on all the internet forums, all the wacky theories, the far fetched trolling, the taking an opinion for the sake of it, all the mad shite that eventually drives people away or to insanity, I really cannot believe that this point of view is actually being put forward seriously.

If one of the two most likely winners doesn't run in the race, then what's the point in it being the Championship. Barmy, barmy, barmy...looking forward to this thread being stickied.

calm yersen down

don't worry - in future when i think someone is talking out of their arse I'll openly voice it ...making sure i totally belittle them in the process...rather than just ignore it :)

How can someone ignore it?! Its a horse racing forum..to discuss matters pertaining to...if someone talks arse at any kind of forum it is only natural to contest it. We shall see what happens in a few weeks...

How can someone ignore it?! Its a horse racing forum..to discuss matters pertaining to...if someone talks arse at any kind of forum it is only natural to contest it. We shall see what happens in a few weeks...

lots of people talk arse on here from time to time..you included

we'll see what happens in a few weeks time..usually equates to...if it loses..nowt said..if it wins..a load of piss taking coming my way

which in itself..is an arse attitude i think

like i said..in future when i read arse comments i'll highlight them..and see if others like the belittling:)

I'll start with that thread that just got removed..malicious rumour shite...it was the biggest pile of crap I think I've read on a racing forum..an embarassment of the highest order

Right back on topic, we will see if Hurricane Fly runs or not....in the mean time plenty of interest this weekend.

Far more interesting than reading racing journalists like Johnny Ward.

Last edited:
EC1...if you are genuinely saying that Hurricane Fly not winning proves your argument, then I am deeply worried for you.

If the horse finishes remotely close to the business end, then it is justified to run him there because connections would have agonised otherwise. In fact, I can't believe I'm even debating this. Please highlight all future arse comments. They will be graded against your Hurricane Fly assertions, which have raised the bloody bar!!!!!

The maddest thing I ever read on this forum was that McManus had a touch when Istabraq was pulled up in Champion Hurdle.

EC1...if you are genuinely saying that Hurricane Fly not winning proves your argument, then I am deeply worried for you.

If the horse finishes remotely close to the business end, then it is justified to run him there because connections would have agonised otherwise. In fact, I can't believe I'm even debating this. Please highlight all future arse comments. They will be graded against your Hurricane Fly assertions, which have raised the bloody bar!!!!!

so if he doesn't finish within ..what 7 lengths of the winner..that must mean I was right..and you can then eat some humble pie :D

Back