Road To The Champion Hurdle

I'm not gtting drawn into this again, but I will say this: the assertion that HF was "not able to" beat Solwhit any further than he has done, is the hole in Hamm's theory. "Not required to" is a much more accurate refection of what actually happened in these races.

Powers are 4/5 about Dunguib which is a big price for me -he is obviously expected to need the run but I will be surprised if he isn't good enough.

I cannot see why any of those behind him in the Supreme should beat Menorah . He is the biggest danger to Binocular in my opinion.

I doubt he will impress, and whilst he may be available to back at 14s with the bookies after tomorrow, I can't see too many on the exchanges wanting to back him at that price, hence could be difficult to trade out.

14.5 to lay for the Champion as they crossed the line.

Any Given Day I thought you could argue did not stay but Overturn ran a stinker .

Terrific to see Celestial Halo back to form and would surely have won but for that mistake but Skelton got the horse in a terrible mess at the last - I bet Nicholls is counting the hours to getting Ruby back.

he has still contradicted 80% of this board :)

Let me guess. Because the Official Handicapper has Mille Chief on 158, his mark must be unquestionably correct and Celestial Halo has therefore conclusively proven he is a 160+ horse. Fuck it - why don't you rate the race through Overturn? That would make Celestial Halo a 170+ horse.

The Kingwell confirmed what we knew beforehand. None of them are Champion Hurdle class.

Last edited:
Let me guess.

Because the Official Handicapper has Mille Chief on 158, his mark is unquestionably right and Celestial Halo has proven he is a 160+ horse.

Away and boil yer heid.

you know

when you get proven wrong..its quite nice to admit it

CH is definately a 160 horse today..to argue otherwise is just to argue for the sake of it

a little humility goes a long way :)

I cannot see why any of those behind him in the Supreme should beat Menorah . He is the biggest danger to Binocular in my opinion.

loads of posts asking which class of race he will win next..well without that horlicks at the last it would have been today

surely you remember Luke..you were the one measuring how good he were on his next win :)

I thought he finished 2nd -my Internet must be having an off day.

I'm not against Oscar Whiskey -like Dunguib he has some sort of chance.You fail to mention Any Given Day who split Oscar Whisky and Celestial Halo but never got competetive today.

I'm not against Oscar Whiskey -like Dunguib he has some sort of chance.You fail to mention Any Given Day who split Oscar Whisky and Celestial Halo but never got competetive today.

the horse clearly didn't get home..if you think thats his form then you are kidding me

you clutching at straws now :)

you know full well that CH has defied the opinion of him with how he has run today:p

Dunguib hasn't done much better than CH today..but with all the hype surrounding that horse he will be getting bigged up

C Halodoes however seem to love Wincanton - he was stunning in the Elite there with a big weight.

Just looks like it was an error trying (a) to make him a chaser and (b) a 2m 4f hurdler .

He is a good 2m hurdler but as his CH performances have shown just below top class.

C Halodoes however seem to love Wincanton - he was stunning in the Elite there with a big weight.

Just looks like it was an error trying (a) to make him a chaser and (b) a 2m 4f hurdler .

He is a good 2m hurdler but as his CH performances have shown just below top class.

yes..about a 160 I reckon ;)

When was the last time that there was hype surrounding Dunguib.Please direct me to any media hype over the last 6 months.

you know

when you get proven wrong..its quite nice to admit it

CH is definately a 160 horse today..to argue otherwise is just to argue for the sake of it

a little humility goes a long way :)

EC1, Celestial Halo is only a 160 horse if you rate the race through Mille Chief, and have faith that his OR of 158 is correct.
Presumably this is your view.

If, however, one questions the 15lbs Mille Chief was raised for his last outing, and figure him to be a fair bit short of 158, then it's perfectly reasonable to consider CH to have run below 160.

You seem to think that your view of the form is infallible and not open to question. It isn't.

Last edited:
Back