Road To The Champion Hurdle

Yet you refuse to factor in ALL of the horses who are holding down Hurricane Fly's form - I think you are being a little blinded and using form analysis when it suits and not when it doesn't. It is meant to be a tool (at least this is what I see it as) that removes preconceived notions and preferences.

I think Zaynar will run well at the Festival, fwiw.

Utter cobblers, Hamm.

Just because I have a different view from you, doesn't mean I have failed to "factor" anything in - it just means I have a different view. Please read this again, acknowledge it, and ffs let's move on.

And if I may say, it is you that seems to have a blind spot as regards Hurricane Fly. You can't have him at all, yet he's the only horse you seem to want to discuss in the context of this race. Your position on him is as clear as mine is - there's therefore no need for you to bring him up in every post.

PS. Good luck with Project Zaynar. I will be the first to console you when you've done your stones. :cool:

Show me, on form, how Hurricane Fly is a horse with a great chance of winning a Champion Hurdle? All you have showed is this 'plenty more to come' nonsense which is the way to the poorhouse. The truth is, he has barely, if ever, hit 160. Do I need to bring my post on Solwhit and all other horses behind up again?

You are happy to use form analysis, and decent analysis at that, to analyse the other horses chances. You are unable to do that with HF, and it is a weakness in terms of your view on the CH. I have no emotional investment in any horse in the race (unlike say Long Run in the Gold Cup), but you clearly have, and that's a shame.

And if I may say, it is you that seems to have a blind spot as regards Hurricane Fly. You can't have him at all, yet he's the only horse you seem to want to discuss in the context of this race. Your position on him is as clear as mine is

Only horse I want to discuss?!

I have made numerous posts about Oscar Whisky, Menorah and Binocular.

Do you not read the posts that don't have the words 'Hurricane' and 'Fly' in them? :lol:

Show me, on form, how Hurricane Fly is a horse with a great chance of winning a Champion Hurdle? All you have showed is this 'plenty more to come' nonsense which is the way to the poorhouse. The truth is, he has barely, if ever, hit 160. Do I need to bring my post on Solwhit and all other horses behind up again?

You are happy to use form analysis, and decent analysis at that, to analyse the other horses chances. You are unable to do that with HF, and it is a weakness in terms of your view on the CH. I have no emotional investment in any horse in the race (unlike say Long Run in the Gold Cup), but you clearly have, and that's a shame.

Dearie me- here we go again.

Will you please stop using phrases like "truth", "fact", "conclusive" and other nonsense. You have an opinion on the level HF is at - no more, no less. That opinion appears to be based largely around your dim view of Solwhit. This is a perspective your entirely at libert to hold but - and this is for the last time - don't try and tell me it's fact or truth. It isn't.

Will you please stop using phrases like "truth", "fact", "conclusive" and other nonsense. You have an opinion on the level HF is at - no more, no less. That opinion appears to be based largely around your dim view of Solwhit. This is a perspective your entirely at liberty to hold but - and this is for the last time - don't try and tell me it's fact or truth. It isn't.

Can you not just provide analysis on why HF is this superhorse? Its not that difficult to put up just a little substance...

Will you please stop using phrases like "truth", "fact", "conclusive" and other nonsense. You have an opinion on the level HF is at - no more, no less. That opinion appears to be based largely around your dim view of Solwhit. This is a perspective your entirely at libert to hold but - and this is for the last time - don't try and tell me it's fact or truth. It isn't.

Dim view?

I have substantiated my view with what I believe to be very very solid form evidence.

You have come back with the betting shop 'plenty more to come' even though he is more or less exposed.

If you want to make personal comments, fine, but it is clear to all who is being dim here.

I'm not in the Hurricane Fly fan club but as a multiple Grade 1 winner he is entitled to respect.From a historical perspective could you equate his constant beating of Solwhit to Istabraq/Limestone Lad in the 90's.

I'm not in the Hurricane Fly fan club but as a multiple Grade 1 winner he is entitled to respect.From a historical perspective could you equate his constant beating of Solwhit to Istabraq/Limestone Lad in the 90's.

I can't see Hurricane Fly being placed, although he is certainly entitled to take his chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swedish chef
Although I backed Peddlers Cross e/way early - Binocular still looks the one to beat.

I did the same in backing Peddler's Cross and Menorah early, but without doubt Binocular is the one to beat. None of them have achieved the same level of form as Binocular in his best races and if any horse in this can be trusted to run to his mark it's Binocular who has all of the qualities that this race demands and shines when competing in it.

Absolutely, and he of course has a reasonable chance, as do Oscar Whisky, Dunguib, Mille Chief outside the Binocular/Peddlers Cross/Menorah trio.

Not sure what all the debate is about - Peddlers Cross will win this.

Unbeaten and he has won the Neptune which is a far better pointer to the champion than the supreme. I'm also not convinced by the Binocular wasn't wound up for the Fighting Fifth - That's not what they said before the race (They changed their tune after) so I reckon PC is capable of turning the champ over come the day. Time for McCain to win a big one as well.

I respect Hurricane Fly, Menorah, Dunguib etc but I think when it comes to a battle up that hill, which it inevitably will, PC will outstay the lot of them.

Not sure what all the debate is about - Peddlers Cross will win this.

:lol: ...it's good that you are so confident, but I think we should be allowed a bit of debate. I'd agree that if one of the upcoming talents can take this race by the throat it could well be Peddlers, but he has to up his game and be a bit sharper than we have seen from him. He looks a huge talent though.

Gee, I wonder if that might hold that Champion Hurdle form down a touch? Just a thought.;)

I'm not sure how you can come to that conclusion the horse bar for Kelso was an unbeaten Triumph winner who had looked exceptionally good. The form this year doesn't look great but there may be valid reasons for that we shall see.

I'm not sure how you can come to that conclusion the horse bar for Kelso was an unbeaten Triumph winner who had looked exceptionally good. The form this year doesn't look great but there may be valid reasons for that we shall see.

Could Zaynar be this year's Binocular (although in a different race) - I have posted this already but I have a strong feeling that Big Bucks is going to get turned over - cannot back it up with too much reasoning but I cannot escape the feeling in my innards!!!:D

Back