Road To The Champion Hurdle

More common sense I would say! He is the only horse that has hit 170+, and if he runs his race, he is no bigger than 6/4 with me.

thats a bit like saying just back the highest rated horse in every race though isn't it?

the whole point is that there may be 3 others in there capable of a 170+..its all about spotting which one could run to that mark

with the mickey mouse trials and potential for improvement...we really don't know what the true potential of a few of these is..they only show it when 100% in proper races..which they rarely get.

Last edited:
Binocular's price has tightened up the last few days and there is 10K looking to back him at 4.5 on Betfair. 10/3 is now top price with Stan James, Tote and Sportingbet. Has there been positive reports in recent days?

Or is it because they've seen the replay of him winning last year's race, where the others saw him as a diminishing dot on the horizon.

thats a bit like saying just back the highest rated horse in every race though isn't it?

the whole point is that there may be 3 others in there capable of a 170+..its all about spotting which one could run to that mark

with the mickey mouse trials and potential for improvement...we really don't know what the true potential of a few of these is..they only show it when 100% in proper races..which they rarely get.

Agree with all that but he is the only one who has shown he definitely can reach that level. Hence, odds that say he has less than a 1 in 4 chance of winning underestimate his actual chances, when you consider he has had his season targeted around this race.

Agree with all that but he is the only one who has shown he definitely can reach that level. Hence, odds that say he has less than a 1 in 4 chance of winning underestimate his actual chances, when you consider he has had his season targeted around this race.

I know what you are saying..but with how some the others have been campaigned they also only have one target

I think with Binocular its his overall profile..even this season i've not been blown away with him.

Will Freddie Williams' daughter still be laying the biggest bets? I'd love to think the 'great man' will step in and wallop Binocular on the day. When he does it causes such a buzz.

...I might well do at that Gearoid, but please not so much of the great.:o

:lol:

I still remember your post (it's in the fourm classic section) about stepping into the ring in Newmarket to back Shamardal at 100/30 and he drifted to 7/2!

You're a bit way from being the 'great man' but your bloody closer than me!

Duh!… I feel like Michael Jackson when he thought he was being presented with an ‘Artist of the Millennium’ award.:(

the whole point is that there may be 3 others in there capable of a 170+..its all about spotting which one could run to that mark.....

I actually can't believe I just read that. :blink:

I actually can't believe I just read that. :blink:

don't you think it odd that i can keep banging in the winners with my incorrect thinking Grass?

i must be one hell of a lucky person

lets get this right..you know EXACTLY how good each contender is this year.. you know none of them bar one is capable of a 170+..you must obviously think Binocular is up to it or you would have highlighted the apparent silliness ..in your mind..of Hamm's post in suggesting B is a 170 horse..lets see... I am openminded enough to accept there may be a star lurking..but you know for a fact there isn't..you very clever then aren't you?

are you sure that you aren't like a few others here and just keep aiming the digs at me when others are left alone..no matter how daft their posts are

similarily earlier..Gearoid pulls me for laughing at Steve's post..then has a joke with him..but puts a snidey comment at me..its there in black and white

its not victim syndrome either..i think you and one or two on here PURPOSELY pull my posts.

the problem you have..is that mostly i see is a lot of hot air from folk who rarely put up winning selections having a dig at someone who does.

of course i might be wrong..but i defy anyone to read the last page and let me know i don't get treated differently to the "crowd" on here.

don't come back with some bolloxy analysis of my personality either...its all in black and white here

lots of people read this forum..but don't post..one of the reasons for that is that in the main this board is viewed as over cliquey..and it is

i just wish some of the people who don't post would like to pass a comment on how they view the carry on here with how rude ignorant and biased some of you are.

Last edited:

Alan have a look at Binoculars stats when he's run in a true run race compared to the ones he's run in that were'nt truly run - using your various systems and let me know what you com up with? please. I honestly think the only way they can get him beat is a slow run race - the faster they go the better his chances, imo.

I tend to agree, Binocular needs a true run race, not a sprint finish.

His hurdling speed is a fantastic aspect of his ability, and when they do go at a good pace, he is able to get over his hurdles fluently and efficiently.

With Overturn in the race, they are going to go a good gallop, that will only play to the strengths of Binocular.

One wonders if he has done another one of those dazzling schooling sessions again as he did on the Wed before the Festival last year ?

Alan have a look at Binoculars stats when he's run in a true run race compared to the ones he's run in that were'nt truly run - using your various systems and let me know what you com up with? please. I honestly think the only way they can get him beat is a slow run race - the faster they go the better his chances, imo.

i'll have a look at that tonight Chef - cheers :cool:

They're prozac OTB - if you're over next week you can have some for when HF wins ;)

I hope I won't be needing them but you would never know... cannot wait for Tuesday now... the build up has been huge. I hope we get a CH winner worthy of the title. Very best of luck with your selections next week.;)

Thanks OTB - you too, will be there on the Tuesday with a mate from back home paying his first visit to Cheltenham so hoping for a profitable day.

You going by any chance?

Back