Road To The Champion Hurdle

yeah how ironic.on the advice of bha they withdrawn it as it has tested positive for drugs administered for some allergy a couple weeks ago.I knew I should have backed Menorah again earlier!!

Still think it's a great race - with or without Binocular - may not have figured anyway IMO - we had Martinstown Gate last year and Allergy Gate this year -
this horse certainly has a colourful background.

BINOCULAR IS OUT.....................
Nicky Henderson has been dealt a hammer blow with the news that Binocular will miss Tuesday's stanjames.com Champion Hurdle at Cheltenham.
The current champion had been heading the ante-post market at around the 7-2 mark just hours before Sunday's declaration time.
The JP McManus-owned gelding was treated for an allergy two weeks ago and did not respond to initial medication and required further treatment.
Unfortunately Binocular then tested positive for a substance and on the British Horseracing Authority's advice, Henderson was forced to withdraw the horse.

The race is a near non-event now for me. I said to an esteemed forumite the other night that he was an 11/8 shot for me at the most if he ran his race last year. I thought this was 80%+ likely to happen.

Any of the rest can beat each other.

165 should be enough now you would think.

Khyber Kim would have a favourite's chance if he repeated last year's run. Barry, you have a very nice bet.

Still think it's a great race - with or without Binocular - may not have figured anyway IMO - we had Martinstown Gate last year and Allergy Gate this year -
this horse certainly has a colourful background.

think its fair to say a match fit B would have figured quite largely..its took the edge of the race for me

it will be..well if B had run he would beat the winner etc.

when you read why he doesn't run..it makes you a little bit angry considering what has happened at the stable before....what a fookin balls up isn't it?

Amazing news about Binoc-there will be some ante post punters getting excited.

anyone getting excited wants to have a long hard look at themselves imo - if people are that desperate for a bet there are a million other events to throw yer money at

the idea of folks celebrating this which may gain them a little extra wonga that will probably get given back over the next week...makes me despair a little

Last edited:
What a fecking disaster for connections and for the race and indeed for the winner as there will be the Hamlet without the Prince argument. Hope Binocular can turn up to take on whichever horse wins it later in the season .

KK at 12s looks value in the reformed market but I am with Menorah now .

Back