Road To The Champion Hurdle

better keep an eye on the betfair markets:whistle:

i wonder if they will name all those that layed biggish on Binocular at silly prices just before he was removed from the betfair market

thats the whole point about betfair knowing ur details.

i hope they do investigate this, but i cant see it

this kind of thing, stinks from the high heavens.

I did not back Binocular and am not even a fan, respect him though. But this is a real shame.

I don't understand how some substances are banned, something to treat an allergy does not appear to me to be one which would enhance a horse's chance in a race, and I thought that was why substances were banned. I'm baffled. :blink:

Are the general public privvy to the list of banned things - or is it so long as to be not practical to have it public?

Are the general public privvy to the list of banned things - or is it so long as to be not practical to have it public?

I don't think Nicky Henderson is privvy to them by the looks of it..i wonder who actually is in charge at the stable

it was a legit medication given..but its stayed in his system for a lot longer than it should????

Last edited:
CorneliusRacing Cornelius Lysaght

n

Binocular: a Nicky Henderson horse failed dope test 18 days after same treatment which B had 14 days ago; B tested positive this w/end
link not work

i'm confused..it sounds like this stays in a horse's system a long time..surely these aren't the only horses that have had this treatment before.

the guidelines suggesting clear in a shorter period must be way out

Last edited:
Most widely used medications have a withdrawal period - usually no more than 10 days when it won't show up to be positive in a post race dope test. Very occasionally a horse will not clear the drug from his system which I presume to be the case this time.

Trainers use all sorts of medications that are banned if they run on it - Bute/ACP being the most common but there are plenty of trainers using Lasix (including one multiple Derby winning trainer) as an every day treatment which I don't think is right. Its then a case of getting the timing right.

Its a great shame that the horse isn't there to defend his title and also that it taints the race with a bad feel. Punters are going to feel agrieved they weren't informed there may be a problem especially due to the fact the horse drifted on the exchanges prior to the announcement.

Huge shame, it certainly takes a lot of the glamour out of the race. I'm leaning towards Peddlers Cross in terms of covering my stake on HF and Dunguib now.

you pussies :lol:

i'm only half a pussy:)

I'm straight on the nose Mille Chief + Oscar Whiskey..will have had about 50 on each by race time

no cover bets..one of them ell win ;)

Last edited:
better keep an eye on the betfair markets:whistle:
I've not got the mortgage on or anything just have him in what I think looks like a good TTF cheltenham line at this stage. Say no more! Whisky is one of my main hopes lol.

Last edited:
The race is a near non-event now for me. I said to an esteemed forumite the other night that he was an 11/8 shot for me at the most if he ran his race last year. I thought this was 80%+ likely to happen.

Any of the rest can beat each other.

165 should be enough now you would think.

Khyber Kim would have a favourite's chance if he repeated last year's run. Barry, you have a very nice bet.

A monumental cock up... it has soured the week as far as I'm concerned. How can horse racing be taken seriously when it is just so pathetically amateurish. I don't care about my stake (most bookmakers will no doubt be refunding anyway)... but for him not to run for such an avoidable reason is lamentable.

Last edited:
aye - hard to swallow Steve

I wonder if Alistair Down will be interviewing Henderson tomorrow..probably go something like

Alistair: It must have been a tremendous blow Nicky finding out Binocular couldn't take part in the Champion.

NH: what do you mean he's not running?

Last edited:
One does wonder how the horse could have been given a dose that he would not clear in time . It is also rather perplexing how another horse tested positive in similar circumstances .

A great shame , from what NH was reporting Binocular was flying .

One does wonder how the horse could have been given a dose that he would not clear in time . It is also rather perplexing how another horse tested positive in similar circumstances .

A great shame , from what NH was reporting Binocular was flying .

didn't NH send the wrong horses to a course not long ago..he were probably watching a horse he thought were Binocular on the gallops;)

DJ
One would have thought that anyone administering drugs to a top horse shortly before a big meeting would only use drugs that they knew on a tried and tested basis. If they had to use something new then surely they would check how long it would stay in the system.
On that reasoning someone was either grossly incompetent or it was deliberate. That is the reasoning used by the Olympic bodies so yes it could be wrongdoing by causing the effective disqualification of the horse.

No clever conspiracy theory just assessing possibilities.

Back