Road to the Epsom Derby 2011

Was more taken with Recital than I thought I would be having watching the video today having only read the reports previously. Can sort of see why Moore rode him as patienly as he did on his reappearance given his antics in front. They'll presumably be wise to that now.

Question: ...if the pig Recital had a better personality, would he cease to be a filthy animal?

Answer: Well we’d have to be talking about one charming mother****in' pig. I mean he’d have to be ten times more charming than that Arnold on Green Acres... you know what I'm saying?

You know what they call a Quarter Pounder with cheese in France?
: No.
: Tell 'em, Vincent.
: A Royale with cheese.
:D

I'm not quite convinced by Seville - just not sure the RP Trophy form is working out too well.

I personally think World Domination will win well and start favourite for the Derby.

I'm not quite convinced by Seville - just not sure the RP Trophy form is working out too well.

I personally think World Domination will win well and start favourite for the Derby.

It would be World Domination that I'd be less convinced about. His maiden is obviously nowhere near Seville's form. But I'm probably hoping he runs a stinker in the vain hope that Frankel takes his place at Epsom.:(

Last edited:
His maiden has no form at all. Carlton House's maiden is much much stronger. World Domination should be 4/1 or 9/2 tomorrow.

Native Khan and Master of the Hounds have boosted it no end so that's a very very strange way of looking at it. Casamento suffered by being a middle distance horse giving chase to an outstanding miler and can have that run easily written off.

It would be World Domination that I'd be less convinced about. His maiden is obviously nowhere near Seville's form. But I'm probably hoping he runs a stinker in the vain hope that Frankel takes his place at Epsom.:(

With Abdullah and Cecil haing won the Derby and more than once and the intelligent and patient style the owner has , it is almost impossible the horse runsat Epsom.

With Abdullah and Cecil haing won the Derby and more than once and the intelligent and patient style the owner has , it is almost impossible the horse runsat Epsom.

I'm fully aware of that suny. But I can still wish for it.

Casamento suffered by being a middle distance horse giving chase to an outstanding miler and can have that run easily written off.

I'd agree, but for "outstanding miler" I prefer to read "runaway train that will improve at middle distances".

I agree with Hannon Frankel won't beat the older crack milers running like he did in the Guineas.

Not sure if he can or not but I really really hope we get to see him try!!!!!

Neither Goldikova or Canford would have beaten Frankel on Guineas day... In my humble opinion obviously!

Neither Goldikova or Canford would have beaten Hawk Wing on Lockinge day. Didn't make HW an all-time great though.

Goldikova is an all-time great as she has beaten G1 fields repeatedly. Ditto Sea the Stars.

Let's hope Frankel, World Domination, Workforce, So You Think, Canford Cliffs or Jan Vermeer does the same this season.

Neither Goldikova or Canford would have beaten Frankel on Guineas day... In my humble opinion obviously!

Not so humble, but still wrong.;)

Frankel would have beaten them in their 3yo seasons, but he won't be able to take the liberty of performing against these crack older horses in that style.

Neither Goldikova or Canford would have beaten Hawk Wing on Lockinge day. Didn't make HW an all-time great though.

Nothing sired would have beaten Hawk Wing on Lockinge day unless it was Tudor Minstrel himself.

And I'd disagree that that performance didn't make him an all-time great. That race is the yardstick they all have to measure up to.

Not sure if he can or not but I really really hope we get to see him try!!!!!

They would both have beaten Dubawi Gold and Native Khan by a lot further than 6 lengths..

Hawk Wing without the stupid Spencer woud hae won Guineas in a canter
he was badly campaigned and run 2nd in a Derby not staying, won an Eclipse, gr1 winner at 2yo and many other big runs, he was top class.

Back