Road to the Gold Cup 2012

By the way, I noticed last night that Ladbrokes are going NRNB on the four main championship races at the Festival rather than just the World Hurdle. I've gone in with some solid positions.

Great opportunity to back the likes of Captain Chris (for example) for both the Champion Chase and the Gold Cup. Even if he goes for the Ryanair you'll get funds back to reinvest.

Saw that also William Hill have opened up a any horse any race market e.g. Grands Crus 5/2, Fingal Bay 4/1, Rubi Light, Bog Warrior, Last Instalment 8/1, Captain Chris 10/1, 12/1 Cue Card and so on

Kauto for me .

I liked that joke in the RP the other day - in the summer many people called for Kauto to be retired - now only Nicky Henderson and the Waley Cohens want him to be retired !

Got McCoy's book for Christmas; he said Kauto was finished in it. He might be regretting that now......

Saw that also William Hill have opened up a any horse any race market e.g. Grands Crus 5/2, Fingal Bay 4/1, Rubi Light, Bog Warrior, Last Instalment 8/1, Captain Chris 10/1, 12/1 Cue Card and so on

That's a new one on me... I can't recall seeing that before.

That's a fine idea.

I got stuck in to this market last night with the likes of Grands Crus, Oscar Whisky, Captain Chris and Cue Card.

It's not any horse btw (just those they quote) and all in rather than NRNB.

(NRNB available on main four races at Ladbrokes).

I note Finians Rainbow gets an entry. Can anyone see him actually lining up?

I just can't have it myself. Considering he's a keen runner, the jump form 2m to 3m 2f, AT CHELTENHAM, doesn't add up to me.

Ryanair I could see alright. For the prestige though I think you'd want to be going for the Champion Chase. Sure see what happens in the VC. I expect him to have improved a ton and hack up!!!

Got McCoy's book for Christmas; he said Kauto was finished in it. He might be regretting that now......

I got Fitzgerald's (shite), Carberry's (a little better but still pretty smelly) and McCoy's which I'm starting tonight (I haven't even opened it yet but am expecting a rather putrid stench). These books are brutal and my relatives will pay the price for giving them to me as presents.:ninja:

I got Fitzgerald's (shite), Carberry's (a little better but still pretty smelly) and McCoy's which I'm starting tonight (I haven't even opened it yet but am expecting a rather putrid stench). These books are brutal and my relatives will pay the price for giving them to me as presents.:ninja:

I think he would admit himself he's not the most interesting of people.

Wake up, ride winners, go to sleep. Wake up, ride winners, go to sleep. Etc etc. you get the idea. He's pretty honest though to be fair to him and he's clearly much more comfortable in his own skin now. An ordinary bloke who does extraordinary things.

Wake up, ride winners, go to sleep. Wake up, ride winners, go to sleep. Etc etc. you get the idea. He's pretty honest though to be fair to him and he's clearly much more comfortable in his own skin now. An ordinary bloke who does extraordinary things.

Just finished the first couple of chapters of McCoy's. It's written in a style thats more readable than the others so far....

Any full frontal Alex Hammond pics in it? :p

Argento:

5/2 Grands Crus
11/2 Diamond Harry, Time for Rupert
6/1 Captain Chris
8/1 Midnight Chase
10/1 The Minack
10/1 Tidal Bay
20/1 Carruthers

Thoughts? There should surely be a 1 to the left of the 8 in Midnight Chase's odds. Carruthers isn't a bad each way price. And Captain Chris will win - 6/1 taken with pleasure.

Last edited:
Argento:

5/2 Grands Crus
6/1 Captain Chris
8/1 Midnight Chase
10/1 The Minack
10/1 Tidal Bay
20/1 Carruthers

Thoughts? There should surely be a 1 to the left of the 8 in Midnight Chase's odds. Carruthers isn't a bad each way price. And Captain Chris will win - 6/1 taken with pleasure.

I would have to go with Grands Crus at those prices. Captain Chris would be ahead of DH and TFR for me too.

Argento:

5/2 Grands Crus
6/1 Captain Chris
8/1 Midnight Chase
10/1 The Minack
10/1 Tidal Bay
20/1 Carruthers

The Captain is now 7/2 :eek: How much of it did you take?

Back