Royal Ascot 2022

Oh dear oh dear oh dear Dettori - wtf were you thinking/doing?

Explained perfectly by Ruby. Moore and Ryan made it difficult. Then which way to go. Coulda gone the Buick route.

Last edited:
I don't see how he can just say that move didn't cost him the race, the drift across was surely more than the distance he lost by? Obviously , I would say , he's saying/ accepting he's perhaps not the horse he was and had his glory days. Don't quite understand why they are saying Goodwood will be his last race either? Surely wait for the ground and see how the season goes?

It's got to be said..........First he f00ks up in the Oaks and Moore takes advantage and today Moore new exactly what he was doing but Frankie's brain simply wasn't working again.

I don't see how he can just say that move didn't cost him the race, the drift across was surely more than the distance he lost by? Obviously , I would say , he's saying/ accepting he's perhaps not the horse he was and had his glory days. Don't quite understand why they are saying Goodwood will be his last race either? Surely wait for the ground and see how the season goes?

Nuts retiring him.Had Frankie used some grey matter and not let Moore hem him in for the entire race Strad would have won a minute and I backed the winner

Frustration. Just try and play it down. It happens in muddling races.
But yes with a clear run he wins.

What were most bookies doing only offering 4 places in that race?

I think mine was 7th at 80/1 but I won't get paid on it.

A horse for another day though for sure.

Has given the impression there was more to come.

Who Fiach Mchugh?

I need to watch it again but he might be one for our Cambridgeshire later in the year over a bit further.

Cracking run at the odds.

Last edited:
Thanks all.

Moore has never been riding so well. He saved Newfoundland when he couldn't win earlier too. One to be on next time.

What were most bookies doing only offering 4 places in that race?

I think mine was 7th at 80/1 but I won't get paid on it.

A horse for another day though for sure.

Profits going to charity from bookmakers 1/4 4 places.

On paper, yes, but post-race the trainer says they always thought he was their best 3yo. I can see them putting it away now for the Cambs.

Also. WP50IY (that's a horse, not a car reg) would have been interesting drawn somewhere near principals. Losses only lent, I reckon. My longshots were generally disappointing but Claim The Crown beat nearly half the field :lol:

Who Fiach Mchugh?

I need to watch it again but he might be one for our Cambridgeshire later in the year over a bit further.

Cracking run at the odds.

Was in response to Euro. But yes it will be one to watch back as always.

It's got to be said..........First he f00ks up in the Oaks and Moore takes advantage and today Moore new exactly what he was doing but Frankie's brain simply wasn't working again.
Said it before- Frankie's losing it, and JG's exasperated with him.

Back