Royal Ascot

I've had a decent each way double on Nahrain 6s and Carlton House 10/3. I would be more than happy if both placed.

6s on Nahrain is crazy.

With Hamm here, I backed Clinical at 14s last night but Nahrain is now 8/1 on Betfair. Regardless of fitness and trip concerns, she's a pissing Group One winner running against G3 fillies!

Nahrain is 4/1 WITHOUT the favourite. I would back her at 4/1 with the favourite. Happy to lose today as I know I will win money with this bet if available every day of the week.

For the first time ever, I don't think So You Think is that under priced. He is facing a weaker field than any other Group One he's contested. That said, I still wouldn't back him at Evens.

Planteur and Reliable Man should be double the prices they are, they've been found outat this level on so many occasions now. Whilst Carlton House and Farhh have the potential to improve, they still have to do it although the latter looks very exciting so I've had a bit on him.

City Style is interesting at 40s too, I suspect he'll run a big race and finish 4th or 5th!

I think the meeting is unbalanced - bring the Bessborough ( I find the renaming annoying) back to this day and put the Queen Mary on second where it should be and the Windsor Forest can add some class to the Saturday card .

Whilst we are at it reduce the Ascot Stakes to 2 miles and make it 0-110 . There is no race for 4 yo plus stayers that do not get 2m 4f since the Queens Vase was made 3yo only . The jumpers can run in the Queen Alexandra .

I like the G1 trio to open the first day though - bang bang bang !

For the first time ever, I don't think So You Think is that under priced. He is facing a weaker field than any other Group One he's contested. That said, I still wouldn't back him at Evens.

Planteur and Reliable Man should be double the prices they are, they've been found outat this level on so many occasions now. Whilst Carlton House and Farhh have the potential to improve, they still have to do it although the latter looks very exciting so I've had a bit on him.

City Style is interesting at 40s too, I suspect he'll run a big race and finish 4th or 5th!

Check out the last Group 1 he contested!

Nobody outside of Ireland actually considers that to be a Group race these days let alone a Group One. :p

Back