Royal Ascot

What do I have to do to get a return. Great bet, came with a nice run and he didn't ride it out to the line.

Come off it! Farhh was miles better than him, got into all kinds of trouble. You would have been lucky to get a place as he wasn't the third best horse in the race.

Farhh would be an absolute max bet should he line up in the Eclipse. Looks a very, very good horse.

Ironic how Dettori has gone from hero to villain between the last two runnings of this race.

Last edited:
The more I watch it, the worse this Dettori ride is.

He's usually so good round Ascot and in Group Ones but that was atrocious.

Dettori got into trouble in this race but it happens (I backed Farhh). The thing is he is still the best around, one race doesn't change anything.

I don't care. I've never had a run like this ever.

I had a bout of seconditis and now i'm on the defensive and backing more each way and I've got fourth's up the ying yang. I'm beating SP and getting **** all back.

Last edited:
Dettori got into trouble in this race but it happens (I backed Farhh). The thing is he is still the best around, one race doesn't change anything.

I suspect your reaction would have differed had it been Queally onboard! :p

I suspect your reaction would have differed had it been Queally onboard! :p

No, but I can't criticise others for pocket talking if I do the same. I know what I get more times than not backing Dettori. This can happen and you need to accept it (otherwise you will not back a horse Frankie is on tomorrow because you are p*ssed off at him).

Queally just isn't a positive for a horse, so you have to expect % chance he will fck up is a lot higher.

No, but I can't criticise others for pocket talking if I do the same. I know what I get more times than not backing Dettori. This can happen and you need to accept it (otherwise you will not back a horse Frankie is on tomorrow because you are p*ssed off at him).

Totally agree with this consensus and there are very few jockeys I actively avoid backing, I think Shane Kelly is about the only one.

However, have to think Dettori's time is coming to an end. They've already said he's not "number one" anymore and the rides will be shared and after a major balls up on a G1, you do wonder whether he'll be sent another rung down the ladder there. I don't think Barzalona or De Sousa are anywhere near as good when Dettori is at his best but it seems as though the powers that be want to slowly phase him out.

Back