Royal Ascot

Momentum definitely more important, but given the hand he was dealt by the horse's antics did he really have much choice other than to go for the rail and hope for the best? If he'd gone wide and lost just the same he'd be getting it in the neck just as much, no?

Momentum definitely more important, but given the hand he was dealt by the horse's antics did he really have much choice other than to go for the rail and hope for the best? If he'd gone wide and lost just the same he'd be getting it in the neck just as much, no?
Perhaps. We'll leave it there.

Arsaadi is a winner waiting to happen and this looks the type of race she'll show her best in.

Rain forecast. Nine set to go to post in the Gold Cup. The preview Accentuate the negative... is for the 13 at the time of writing, and explores stamina aptitude:

http://www.chef-de-race.com/dosage/classics/2012/2012_ascot_gold_cup_preview.htm

Back on course tomorrow. Looking forward to it. My three place bets came to nothing on Tuesday. Clawed a bit back on SYT today. Already on Fame for a big return tomorrow. Only slightly less confident than last year.

I've been waiting for Tales Of Grimm to run. Hopefully tomorrow is the day he shows his worth.

Last edited:

Why not??

Serious time in maiden win at Leopardstown and galloped all over decent fillies in the Blue Wind at Naas. Her Dam won this race and she's just developing into her frame and improving at a rate of knots. I know you will knock the Aararas form but Weld camp very sweet on her and this is the plan. She hammered the subsequent Oaks winner in that race (not taking form literally) and hammered Dane Street in her maiden who I think is a 100 plus filly. You can walk sideways through some of the holes in the form but I believe she doesnt need much improvement to beat The Fugue and Shirocco Star and she has pucks and pucks of scope.

Last edited:
That's their explanation. It doesn't make it right. At least they admit their ratings are generally higher than others'. But they didn't calculate it that way in the 1960s and 1970s. They need some of their research staff to go back and recalculate the other greats' performances on a like-for-like basis. Sea Bird hammered the top G1 horses in Europe, as did Brigadier Gerard and Mill Reef. The only decent horse Frankel has beaten is Excelebration and he burst himself trying to go with the beast yesterday.

That's their explanation. It doesn't make it right. At least they admit their ratings are generally higher than others'. But they didn't calculate it that way in the 1960s and 1970s. They need some of their research staff to go back and recalculate the other greats' performances on a like-for-like basis. Sea Bird hammered the top G1 horses in Europe, as did Brigadier Gerard and Mill Reef. The only decent horse Frankel has beaten is Excelebration and he burst himself trying to go with the beast yesterday.

i don't really recall many people talking about one horse bursting another at this level..the only time in the past that expression was used was with Secretariat.

the fact that F is capable of bursting a horse of E's ability surely tells us a lot

Could you post up one performance by BG that in your opinion was better than Frankel's.

The only decent horse Frankel has beaten is Excelebration and he burst himself trying to go with the beast yesterday.

Does that not say it all re Frankel's improvement. Other days he did not settle or went too quick or whatever. The Lockinge was the perfectly paced race where Excelebration had the advantage of a previous run. In the Queen Anne they were on level terms in all factors; Ex tried to go with frankel and paid the price. A bit like Denman's first Gold Cup; a bit like Arkle v Mill house etc. Ex tried to go with Frankel but could not; more credit to Frankel_ not less.
Re reference horses ,So You Think must be a dream for Timeform and other rating agencies for sheer consistency. Say what you like about him, he rarely runs to less than one or two pounds to his ability; a little like Falbrav in his day.

It's all too subjective anyway, and no one will really give a flying feck unless everyone can catagorically agree that Frankel is a stone superor animal to the rest of the best of time, if and when that happens.

Until that happens you're all getting hard ons about a three digit figure in the 140's:)

Oh and the Haggas trained top weight will win the Britannia tomorrow:)

Last edited:
Why not??

Serious time in maiden win at Leopardstown and galloped all over decent fillies in the Blue Wind at Naas. Her Dam won this race and she's just developing into her frame and improving at a rate of knots. I know you will knock the Aararas form but Weld camp very sweet on her and this is the plan. She hammered the subsequent Oaks winner in that race (not taking form literally) and hammered Dane Street in her maiden who I think is a 100 plus filly. You can walk sideways through some of the holes in the form but I believe she doesnt need much improvement to beat The Fugue and Shirocco Star and she has pucks and pucks of scope.

I'm a big fan of Aararas in fact she's a very genuine listed filly. On that line Princess Highway is around as good as Kissed.

Last edited:
Back