Royal Ascot

Cheers. 8s is big. She suffered even worse than The Fugue in terms of scrummaging at Epsom, and plainly didn't handle the track. Stayed on well then.

For what its worth I like to two Haggas/Hamdan Maktoum horses today (4:25 & 5:00), and not just because of their arabic names:)

Best of luck to everyone getting involved.

Last edited:
Jim McGrath - Cay Verdi was on the wrong side. Most of the pace was up the far side. Winners veers across to the near side rail ffs!

Last edited:
Wow, if thats what he can do when veering left what can he do when running straight. It was either smash through the rails or win by a length for Kirby there, or looked that way, showed a lot of bottle. Well done him.

Last edited:
Well done On the Bridle! All those hours skiving off in the Old English market must appear worthwhile right now!

Opinion Poll e/w at 6s seems the only sensible bet here. I prefer him to the other 2 main challengers to F&G, and he would have gone close to winning last year if not ridden as a non stayer (please don't ride him right out the back!).

Well done On the Bridle! All those hours skiving off in the Old English market must appear worthwhile right now!

Thanks Andrew, I got very unnerved by the drift but she bolted up in the end. Have just recently turned the year around so that was a big big help...

Thanks Andrew, I got very unnerved by the drift but she bolted up in the end. Have just recently turned the year around so that was a big big help...

Well deserved. The great thing about Royal Ascot is you don't have to worry about a drift - all horses are trying, and the market just reflects people's opinions, not that it's not for today!

Jim McGrath - Cay Verdi was on the wrong side. Most of the pace was up the far side. Winners veers across to the near side rail ffs!

All of which was true - which indicates the winner is probably even better than the result implies.

Back