Royal Ascot

Awesome performance, poor Excelebration he must be sick of the sight of Frankel.

I hope Excelebration hasn't left his chances in the French group 1 mile races behind today, he was out on his feet at the end.

My first impression was they've bottomed Excelebration the way he finished. I'll be opposing wherever he turns up next.

Fair dues to the Coolmore guys for running - they are making the likes of Frankel and Sea the Stars.

Excelebration should hopefully take in 2 of the Sussex, Jacques le Marois and Moulin, then the Foret.

Fair dues to the Coolmore guys for running - they are making the likes of Frankel and Sea the Stars.

I think they genuinely thought they could get STS beat.

Everytime Frankel wins it boosts Galileo. I pray they give Camelot a crack at him.

Would Frankel win a triumph hurdle? Thats the real issue that needs addressing. I have heard that he is a bit big at his hurdles at home and that has to be a concern.

Suspect the 3rd-6th will depress Frankel's rating. I don't think the official handicapper will have him running to his Lockinge 138, but I think Timeform's Sea Bird rating (145) is close (master rating, if not performance rating).

I cannot understand how Little Bridge isn't favourite, he's right up there on RPRs and has shown himself better than ever in recent starts and has beat Bated Breath, he's a staggering price at 12s, it's an absolute gift and he's my bet of the week. I took 16s antepost and I will be topping up, especially as some firms are 1/3 odds or 4 places.

Great shout.

Cheers guys, confirmed form with Bated Breath from Sha Tin.

Given a great ride too, kept it simple. Turned my season round that has after a torrid start.

Like Kauto Star over fences Frankel just keeps raising the bar higher.A ten furlong clash against Camelot would be the race of the year.

Official going has been upgraded to Good in the straight, Good To Soft (Good in places) on the round.

(Would have been a 12 length win for Frankel if they'd started like that!).

Back