Royal Ascot

Thats beaten docket on the floor of the bookie shop talk....the horse was murdered and probably not good enough anyway...

Exactly. Lets leave that kind of talk for elsewhere.

Now, what was the plonker Murtagh up to on Born to Sea? Should have been up near the front...

I thought Dawn Approach would have been a penalty kick for Saturday-a ma bet.Bolger has been bullish in all his interviews and despite my reservations about the trip I am backing him for a modest amount.

Thats beaten docket on the floor of the bookie shop talk....the horse was murdered and probably not good enough anyway...

Don't know what you're on about I was on the winner, wasn't even paying attention to Power cause that was a no hoper for me regardless of the rider. My observation stems from watching him in the last 6 months in races that are not on everybody's radar and quite frankly I'll stand by everything I said.

Last edited:
Exactly. Lets leave that kind of talk for elsewhere.

Now, what was the plonker Murtagh up to on Born to Sea? Should have been up near the front...

not sure that would have worked...the mph reader on the screen said they went 41 mph early in the SJP..37 mph in the QA..think they went plenty fast enough early if it is slower ground far side

Dawn Approach is a fantastic looking horse, looks better built than a June 2yo. Him and Cristoforo Colombo are the 2 I like, hardly original.

My observation stems from watching him in the last 6 months in races that are not on everybody's radar and quite frankly I'll stand by everything I said.

As he's riding in Ireland ALL his races are on the radar.

Last edited:
Tricky race to have a strong fancy in. Good luck. I've had a modest bet on Dawn Approach at 4/1 but another forum judge, BruttoCavitto, makes Sir Prancealot his best bet of the day.

i've covered my Englishman stake + a bit on Sir Prancelot..that one was sooo impressive at sandown but the price reflects it i think

not sure that would have worked...the mph reader on the screen said they went 41 mph early in the SJP..37 mph in the QA..think they went plenty fast enough early if it is slower ground far side

I was on the wind up :)

Sometimes it pays to keep things simple.

CC a little unlucky in terms of pace. The winner looks like like he will really go on. I am far from an expert on bloodstock but in those colours and the size of him he would really remind you of his Dad, who I loved.

No problem with that ride. That Dawn Approach is a real good horse, the other two are no back numbers either

Last edited:
Nicely ahead for the day with speculative bets on Scots Gaelic and Tuscan Gold to come.It's so mich easier to sit back after the first winner.

Hoping Frankie is on song in the next for Western Charmer who I think is a nice dark horse to have on side at 14's.

No Sh Hd defeats please Frankie!!! OR any other defeats please!

Happy with my lot for the day. 4/1 Dawn Approach was a short price in that quality of a race. i'd love to have had the conviction to get stuck in.

Back