Royal Ascot

Elyaadi is in foal and today is her last race.The big fat builder who owns her is in a spot of bother at the moment and won't be getting an invitation to meet the Queen if she wins.
Google Fred Forsey junior corruption if you are interested.

Looking ahead to day 2.

Carlton House and Farhh huge each way bets against So You Think. He is very short for me at even money. I feel these two have the potential to win several good races this year. I don't see an enormous amount in behind to trouble these for places should they progress as hoped.

Why is Nahrain 4/1 (the same price as Chaichamaidee)? What am I missing?

Unless someone tells me where I've gone wrong, I see 2 big e/w doubles on the cards.

My confidence has evaporated on Reliable Man as the ground has dried up. Might still place though.

Like Captain Bertie in the Hunt Cup. I think he's still ahead of the handicapper and the race he won last time out at Newbury is working out OK (Fury has run a couple of decent races since)

No need at 3/1 1/4 odds. I think So You Think is probably a 127 horse, and I can't say for sure Carlton House will be better (for all I think he could be). Very hard to see him unplaced.

What pounds per length are they using or are they just (incorrectly) adding on fictional lengths again? :confused: I hope the former is greater than the 2 pounds per length I have in my head.

No need at 3/1 1/4 odds. I think So You Think is probably a 127 horse, and I can't say for sure Carlton House will be better (for all I think he could be). Very hard to see him unplaced.

I love the way he quickens over 10f. He has a turn of pace that So You Think doesn't have.

Last edited:
What pounds per length are they using or are they just (incorrectly) adding on fictional lengths again? :confused: I hope the former is greater than the 2 pounds per length I have in my head.

147-115 = 32lbs for 11 1/4 lengths suggests 2.84 lbs per length, but I suspect they're calling the 11 1/4 lengths 12 1/4 lengths (the official lengths gets screwed with by the official ground) which would make it 2.6 lbs per length which is not unusual for them in a fast race (rule of thumb: 21 / number of furlongs in the race).

I'm with Timeform here. They went quick early on and Frankel is the only horse who finished his race. Side Glance is flattered by his "proximity" to Frankel.

Nothing added on, and the "+" used for previous performances clearly justified on this display. Rumours are the figure automatically generated by the algorithms was actually a lot higher, although Mr Johnson will doubtless be happy to elaborate on the rating.

Just read the race comments for Frankel:

"tracked leaders, led over 2f out, strode majestically clear, awesome"

Fantastic!

at a mile..on time there are 15lbs in a second..6 lengths in a second..so 11 lengths is 27lb..added to E's 119 makes 146

2lb a length is a bit short imo Hamm..but everyone gets different ideas

I'm with Timeform here. They went quick early on and Frankel is the only horse who finished his race. Side Glance is flattered by his "proximity" to Frankel.

i'm not sure about this..they showed 37mph on the beeb early..and 42 mph for SJP..there are going to be sectionals for this meeting i believe..would love to see those

at a mile..on time there are 15lbs in a second..6 lengths in a second..so 11 lengths is 27lb..added to E's
That's got to be flawed.

15lbs per second is much closer to 6f.

On what evidence is their calculation based?

If they'd used that kind of calculation in Brigadier Gerard's races he'd be off the scale.

Last edited:
1 Frankel 147
2 Excelebration 115
3 Side Glance 115
4 Indomito (ger) 112
5 Windsor Palace 103
6 Bullet Train 101
7 Helmet (aus) 99
8 Premio Loco 96
9 Red Jazz (usa) 94
10 Strong Suit 92
11 Worthadd 88