Royal Ascot

Won comfortably. Good day for me so far.

Inchilas price is telling me not to back her despite the fact I think she has a big chance. Vazira has some of the best form and based on breeding and the trainers comments, the trip and ground should bring about improvement. Criteria I also think will out run her odds.

Vazira for me though but without getting too heavily involved.

nice to see one of my all time heroes Bobby there..a real powerhouse of a footballer...he said you have to go that little bit further when you play for country..spot on...and one of the reasons why we don't do as well...not many players are prepared to do that

Soumi wasn't any better. If anything, worse. Dreadful ride. Backed Bracelet in the Guineas and didn't even think to take out sickness insurance here today.

Boke.

Too much racing. Couldn't have him this time.

Having looked at this race in more detail now the withdrawals have affected my thinking and I also think they will try and go quick to test Leading lights stamina. I've changed my earlier opinion on Altano and think he might have a better chance than I thought. The shape of the race should suit and the watering has slowed the ground a touch, which helps.

I've had a couple of quid on Gamla's left fielder as well.

Great race, great finish, great rides from O'brien and Missunited's jockey. Made things just difficult enough for Moore.

Not pleased with Altano's jockey. He was in the perfect position for the first 14f but coming out of Swinley Bottom I was shouting at the telly for him to pick up Missunited and force the pace but he held on to Altano and Missunited kicked on and Altano could respond fast enough and ended up being shuffled out of contention approaching the turn.

Frankie overdid the waiting on Simenon.

Belting race the Gold Cup. What a cracking ride Missunited was given.

Pretty sure we have seen a very good horse in Elite Army winning the last.

Have to be impressed by the Norfolk winner aswell, dotted in. Much better performance by the second Mind Of Madness. Was expecting that on Tuesday.

Back