Royal Ascot

Are you on Kingman?

I'd have this bet every day, the prices just are incorrect. Very rare for a Group One but there's no way Kingman has a 55% chance of winning this.

Very impressive Kingman but I very much doubt that the runner up ran to form Outstrip and War Command much too close . I suspect they knew they need a gallop with N of T and that they had to try and make it .

Silly ride from Hughes.

Awesome from kingman.

i think had he gone harder on NOT he would been beaten further...he got a 4 length start when they quickened...NOT had the fastest furlong in the guineas..so using that argument as Ardross has..he should have beat Kingman today off that pace

Very impressive Kingman but I very much doubt that the runner up ran to form Outstrip and War Command much too close . I suspect they knew they need a gallop with N of T and that they had to try and make it .

.Kingman is in another league to NOT..another league...the 2000g when it splits is a joke race at best of times

Well not make it a dawdle when kingman could be a suspect stayer on that track over that trip. Especially when you have been told what speed he has

Not at all - Kingman beat N of T off a slowish pace in the Greenham . It was a proper ride .

the greenham wasn't that slow with the overall time recorded..in fact if it was slow..then Kingman is about 5lbs behind Frankel..which as good as he is ..he isn't

you making this stuff up as you go along

he's a better horse..you need to get over it

i think had he gone harder on NOT he would been beaten further...he got a 4 length start when they quickened...NOT had the fastest furlong in the guineas..so using that argument as Ardross has..he should have beat Kingman today off that pace

I agree nothing wrong with the ride . Kingman clearly does have more speed in that sort of race . I suspect Night of Thunder needs a very good pace to come off . Rather baffled by the ride given to Toormore who pulled way too hard .

.Kingman is in another league to NOT..another league...the 2000g when it splits is a joke race at best of times

You do realise Kingman went the same side as Night of Thunder right?

Love to see the rematch at Deauville with some pacemakers myself.

the greenham wasn't that slow with the overall time recorded..in fact if it was slow..then Kingman is about 5lbs behind Frankel..which as good as he is ..he isn't

you making this stuff up as you go along

he's a better horse..you need to get over it

It is all very well to crow when you have got one thing right - Hannon said the lack of pace did not suit him in the Greenham not me .

how can Kingman be a doubtful stayer?...i must be in another universe to u guys

Sorry I think he was out stayed in the guineas. I'd be interested in the sectionals for that race as it looked an absolute crawl to me.

Sorry I think he was out stayed in the guineas. I'd be interested in the sectionals for that race as it looked an absolute crawl to me.

but in a crawl..the horse at the front is favoured...we aren't talking about a horse laden with masses of stamina and no speed in NOT..speedy horses win 2000g...yes he may win at 10f...but he's a guineas winner thats just been run past like he had no gears at all....after having had the run of the race

Last edited:
this horse is something really decent Ardoss...the greenham showed that...the 2000g is misleading..as when Kris lost

I agree. Kingman, Canford Cliffs, Dubawi, Raven's Pass. Hawk Wing. It's quite common for the best miler not to win the 2000 Guineas

Last edited:
I agree. Kingman, Canford Cliffs, Dubawi, Raven's Pass. Hawk Wing. It's quite common for the best miler not to win the 2000 Guineas

Two of those are questionable !

Footstepsinthesand never ran again so we have no idea , Rock of Gibraltar turned out to be one hell of a miler . It also took Raven's pass a few runs to get the better of Henry.

Back