Ryanair Chase 2016

TS, the race is a minefield, and with another 20-odd to choose from, I'm sure a man of your capacities, can find an event which more readily justifies your investment. My thoughts are that you shouls swerve it.

I'm already on Al Ferof ew but i agree that TDS is a nice entry. There is no doubt if they have sorted him that he has the class to win this. I'd advise backing him in the the without Vaoutour market.

Eventually a very good horse will come and win this race, for now it's a journey mans immalgamation of what could have been's
Outside of the Gold Cup and the King George I think this race's roll of honour...... Fondmort, Our Vic, Imperial Commander, Cue Card stacks up with most. It's unfairly and imo lazily maligned

Sent from my MediaPad M1 8.0 using Tapatalk

Outside of the Gold Cup and the King George I think this race's roll of honour...... Fondmort, Our Vic, Imperial Commander, Cue Card stacks up with most. It's unfairly and imo lazily maligned

Sent from my MediaPad M1 8.0 using Tapatalk

Fair enough. To raise its prestige they could try tie it into a series of races or a double with the Aintree race

It's possible this years renewal will cut up to a poor one. But I'm also in the camp that it's been decent enough over the years.

If it does cut up it opens up a couple of nice betting angles, so it'll be interesting enough anyway.

I'm already on Al Ferof ew but i agree that TDS is a nice entry. There is no doubt if they have sorted him that he has the class to win this. I'd advise backing him in the the without Vaoutour market.

Imho, the rest of the field are already priced as if Vautour's a NR, so market won't change much if he's taken out.

Last edited:
Andy Stewart said at Sandown preview Graham Wylie told him today Felix Younger goes Ryanair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I took 20/1 NRNB there anyway. Might be telling he's 8/1 with powers. The Inside info from Ruby!!

His clonmel oil 3rd 5 or 6L behind RTR on soft probably reads as well as anything else in this.

listened to him on the FFP last week and while wylie seems a nice guy he also comes across as a very soft touch

Last edited:
Ended up backing TDS for a medium amount mostly ew but some win only in the main market. Hopefully the favourite goes in the GC. If, a big if, back to his best think he would have a fine chance. Not sure what was wrong but when he's right he's great to watch.

Ended up backing TDS for a medium amount mostly ew but some win only in the main market. Hopefully the favourite goes in the GC. If, a big if, back to his best think he would have a fine chance. Not sure what was wrong but when he's right he's great to watch.

I agree TS. Think TDS has a great chance. I was adamant he could not win the JLT couple years back and he proved me wrong big time. I remember it well on the day that there was sustained support for him and he shortened considerably before the off. Obviously didn't fire at the festival last year and I'm not sure if there was any good reason for that. But his reappearance on Feb 13th was more than satidfactory, carrying top weight and at a time just before Jonjo's were showing any form. I actually quite fancy Jonjo to have a good festivl this year. No better man to get them to peak at the right time. I think 12/1 is a generous price for TDS and when they line up on Thursday I expect him to be a fair bit shorter.

Back