Sandown Coral Eclipse

Vadeni - trainer states he'll be ridden from off the pace and he's uncertain to run in the Arc - inference; he's uncertain about the colt's stamina; other jocks will know this and the pace will be set accordingly.
Go figure.

Why do you think I said I was out to back to lay and try and get a free bet. The bookies being bookies will cut him for the Arc if he wins well today..They don't care if he runs or not.

As for what the trainer has said I know. Vadeni will target certain races between now and October all at 1m2f if all goes well then and only then will they run him in the Arc.

As for the Eclipse

There are no natural front runners in the race and I can't see anyone sacrafices all chance by setting a very strong pace.

It would not suprise me one bit if William Buick takes it up early, holds him up from the front and tries to toughen it out on Native Trail despite the trip.
He's definitely a horse who can be ridden from anywhere and relax...we'll soon know

Last edited:
An unsatisfactory race on so many levels.

Lord North is probably a fair enough marker for the form, ie good but short of scintillating. Mishriff won't get beat the rest of this season.

Well done Tan.
After reading 6 pages of opinions I wasnt going to have a bet but I eventually went with Tan but Mishriff should have won.

Juddmonte next. Baaeed?

Baaeed - Desert Crown - Mishriff. My God.

Well done Vedeni backers, nice drift as well.

Not sure where you'd go with Native Trail. He stayed there but I think a stiff mile is better for him.

Bay Bridge was shocking. There's an old adage, you can get away with fast ground with a horse that wants cut once, but twice is pushing it. He plainly felt that.

Well done Tan.
After reading 6 pages of opinions I wasnt going to have a bet but I eventually went with Tan but Mishriff should have won.

Aye, I wasn’t going to either, but I eventually stuck with Mishriff, hey ho.

Juddmonte next. Baaeed?

Yes, I realised about two minutes after posting that Baaeed would probably go to York too.

Mouthwatering possibility.

Just watched the race [yet] again and Mishriff is a good five lengths better than the bare result.

It will be interesting to see how Desert Crown comes on from the Derby too.

After so many disappointing G1 races, Baaeed excepted, this is much more like it.

Baaeed - Desert Crown - Mishriff. My God.

Well done Vedeni backers, nice drift as well.

Not sure where you'd go with Native Trail. He stayed there but I think a stiff mile is better for him.

Bay Bridge was shocking. There's an old adage, you can get away with fast ground with a horse that wants cut once, but twice is pushing it. He plainly felt that.

Won't happen but would love Inspiral to have a crack at them.

Agree with Native Trail. They didn't go quick so was able to use his speed.

Agree again about Bay Bridge, especially under those fractions.

Thanks all such a pity we have a couple of moaners who would rather I lost but que sera.

Saying this race was disappointing is just sour grapes IMO I thought it was a cracker and had me on the edge of my seat.

Misriff almost was your huckelberry as I mentioned he might be.
Gosden not giving him a prep was an indication that might be the case.

When he took off I thought Vadini was going to win easily but simply didn't like that uphill finish
but ran on better than you might expect to hang on

Mishriff actually got first run on Vadeni but didn't pick up with him and never got going until late in the day
He found the hill to be very much in his favour.
Unlucky?
I bet Gosden wished Rab havlin could have ridden him. I think he would have won if he had.

As I suspected Bay Bridge was outclassed never looked like taking part,
no doubt will end up in the sheds before too long he simply isn't that good

Native Trail has run a stormer and back at amile he'll take some beating or even at 1m2f on a flat track

Last edited:
It's official - Fist has the biggest dick.: :thumbsup:
Not always easy to predict the pace, but unusual to see a top UK gp1 raced in French style. The steady early pace played right into the hands of Soumillon.
David Egan made his own trouble on Mishriff;exactly as he had on Mitbaahry and Darkness earlier, and I'll think very carefully before supporting any of his mounts in future.

Last edited:
Is is spelled I-S not H-A-S:lol:

Be interesting to see what they say about the pace. 1.8 seconds fast so it hasn't been dreadfully slow.

Does anyone know the plans for Maljoom? There's simply no way would Coroebus beat him if they meet again.

He might even give Baaeed something to think about in the future if he keeps improving.

He kicked Frankie's Saga aside with ease at Kempton and won the German 2000 Guineas after a terrible start

Definitely has some engine on him and more wins look guaranteed

Last edited:
Be interesting to see what they say about the pace. 1.8 seconds fast so it hasn't been dreadfully slow.
From RP analysis: The pace was pretty steady until around 4f out and that resulted in a messy finish, with the first four were separated by under 1l and the two who had raced on the pace disappointing in behind. The runner-up was almost certainly an unlucky loser.

Back