So You Think - substance or hype ?

Agree with that. The KG will be fascinating this year. I don't think it's the right contest for SNA either so it could be a race with nice punting mileage.

Quite clearly hype 4-11 against that field was one of the most preposterous SPs in history !

Sri Putra is a G2 horse Planteur and Twice over were well below form .

"Didn't ferk it up for Rewilding! They help find the best horse, even if its the one its not supposed to be."

Gareth, Debussy, the Godolphin pacemaker wasn't involved in the pacemaking after the first quarter mile.

If you mean that Rewilding benefited from Jan Vemeer's run I wouldn't argue with that.:)

I don’t believe Rewilding is all about stamina, as some have assumed. He has a decent turn of foot when he likes… so I’m starting to think that maybe it’s not such a bad idea to drop him back to 10 furlongs after all.

I backed Rewilding and Planteur against the favourite... My only return today.

I had a brilliant day on course yesterday. Back on course tomorrow to watch Fame And Glory put them to the sword in the Gold Cup.

I backed Rewilding and Planteur against the favourite... My only return today.

I had a brilliant day on course yesterday. Back on course tomorrow to watch Fame And Glory put them to the sword in the Gold Cup.

Your record in the big big races is without equal Steve.....I'm all in on Fame & Glory...:ninja:

Your record in the big big races is without equal Steve.....I'm all in on Fame & Glory...:ninja:

Cheers OTB. imo there's rarely been a better one to follow me in on... an odds-on shot at an odds-against price.

SYT has taken the focus off Fame, but Fame always had a better chance in this race than SYT did in his.

I wasn't sure he would go for this at the beginning of the season (it was davidJ who suggested him for this). But now that he's there I very pleased. He was born for this.

Fair play to Ardross for starting the thread. You could feel the bubble bursting on the run in. Plenty thought Godolphin were wrong to run the winner at all too!

The danger is the anti-hype will get into top gear now. I still make him the likeliest animal over 10f and would take him to beat Workforce at Sandown and CC at York. Not an Arc type though.

I see this as between Rewilding and Twice Over.

That is as satisfying as racing gets. 2 massively undepriced front 2, and best of all, my boss goes racing once a year with his wife and asks for 1 tip..

The danger is the anti-hype will get into top gear now. I still make him the likeliest animal over 10f and would take him to beat Workforce at Sandown and CC at York. Not an Arc type though.

This is quite true too. He is clearly a fine horse, just not a 2/1 on shot in a top Group 1 at Royal Ascot. He will of course continue to win good races. Personally I think Workforce has a clear edge on him. He wouldn't beat Canford Cliffs at a mile and there are clearly one or two who can give him a race at 10 furlongs. At 12 furlongs he wouldn't quite be the best either.

Ardross was nevertheless quite right in pointing this out.

Quite clearly hype 4-11 against that field was one of the most preposterous SPs in history !

Sri Putra is a G2 horse Planteur and Twice over were well below form .

Planteur wasn't - look at his form again.

You rightly looked at SYT's form and saw he should hardly have been favourite for this.

Races like today don't come too often.

This is quite true too. He is clearly a fine horse, just not a 2/1 on shot in a top Group 1 at Royal Ascot. He will of course continue to win good races. Personally I think Workforce has a clear edge on him. He wouldn't beat Canford Cliffs at a mile and there are clearly one or two who can give him a race at 10 furlongs. At 12 furlongs he wouldn't quite be the best either.

Ardross was nevertheless quite right in pointing this out.

The pity is that those of us who thought Workforce would beat him over 10f or 12f will not get the price we might have now.

The pity is that those of us who thought Workforce would beat him over 10f or 12f will not get the price we might have now.

Indeed. Workforce the best middle distance horse in europe. Then Rewilding. Over 12f Rewilding would destroy SYT.

Carlton House wins the Eclipse now.

Why are Ballydoyle sacrificing so many decent horses?

Well done Hamm.

It was an outstanding performance from Rewilding. The strong pace really helped him. Two absolutely top class horses. They had some very good horses well beaten behind them.

Indeed. Workforce the best middle distance horse in europe. Then Rewilding. Over 12f Rewilding would destroy SYT.

Agree on Workforce. I do think SNA would give Rewliding a run in a strongly run 12f contest though.

Why are Ballydoyle sacrificing so many decent horses?

Baffling. They could have just sold Jan Vermeer if that's the way he's gonna be campaigned.

My first impression was that Ryan Moore gave the horse a pretty poor ride. Need to watch it again though.

Having watched it again, have to say that there isn't actually much to fault about the way Moore has ridden the horse.

That said, I'm almost certain Rewilding got the run of the race today and could see So You Think turning the form around under different circumstances.

Fair play, but I wouldn't have backed Twice Over at 50s.

Exactly what I thought, whenever he comes up against real real top class horses, he just doesn't deliver. Admirable and tough horse and very very good but he's not in the same league as some of the other middle distance horses around. Suspect they'll try and get him back on song for the Champion Stakes but they must be gutted it's not at Newmarket this year.

If it had been over 1m4f, I would have had a huge EW bet on Rewilding. I think the horse has proved he's upto this level although the proximity of Sri Putra is a slight concern but no matter what you think of So You Think, I reckon both horses deserve high 120s, if not 130 for today's race.

Well done for keeping the faith.

Back