So You Think - substance or hype ?

I was joking of course.

:lol:

The horse is top top class off a break. I thought before this that he hadn't beaten a great deal but he's beat some of the best middle distance horses in the world there, arguably not over his optimum trip.

Track record too.

Just let him enjoy his field and bring him back for the Arc. They'll surely give the King George a go though.

SYT could be backable next time given different tactics. The difference with him and Frankel is the latter had no top class rivals capable of catching him.

Didn't ferk it up for Rewilding! They help find the best horse, even if its the one its not supposed to be.

SYT could be backable next time given different tactics. The difference with him and Frankel is the latter had no top class rivals capable of catching him.

Very good point. I presume they'll rematch in the King George. St Nicholas Abbey will be there too and Await The Dawn might also be waiting for them depending on how the Hardwicke goes.

Al Zarooni has done a brilliant job for Sheikh Mohammed.

O'Brien wheels himself out as the scapegoat once more.

My first impression was that Ryan Moore gave the horse a pretty poor ride. Need to watch it again though.

They've pulled 6 lengths clear of Sri Putra, who Timeform had on 121 before the race (from his 2nd before the Eclipse). So that's 10lb beating minimum - surely more given the fast pace and time. I reckon they've both cleared 130 easily. So You Think hasn't done much wrong, he's just run into a real good one today.

it makes you wonder if both Moore and Queally have overdone it due to believing that both their horses can't be beat..so just take race by scruff of neck and go for it

it might work on a flat track..but going so early at Ascot up that hill is one hell of an ask

it makes you wonder if both Moore and Queally have overdone it due to believing that both their horses can't be beat..so just take race by scruff of neck and go for it

i

Looking at the Cox Plate's he won he went clear early on and held on easily. But he was doing that against Aussie middle distance animals - different league over here.

Looking at the Cox Plate's he won he went clear early on and held on easily. But he was doing that against Aussie middle distance animals - different league over here.

i bet he has never run up a hill like that though Euro..its a very stiff track

would he have run on only flat tracks before?

it might work on a flat track..but going so early at Ascot up that hill is one hell of an ask

Think your spot on there . Moore less guilty due to the horse possibly not as fit or able to stay as well as he thought.

They've pulled 6 lengths clear of Sri Putra, who Timeform had on 121 before the race (from his 2nd before the Eclipse). So that's 10lb beating minimum - surely more given the fast pace and time. I reckon they've both cleared 130 easily. So You Think hasn't done much wrong, he's just run into a real good one today.

Sri Putra is only a 113 OHR horse..the difference between OHR's & Timeform ratings sure causes some conflict thats for sure

Think your spot on there . Moore less guilty due to the horse possibly not as fit or able to stay as well as he thought.

yes ..Moore..not as bad..the horse was ridden for stamina..but so far from home to go..i think the course is getting overlooked a bit in these tactical plans..its a killing final 2 furlongs

Sri Putra has been as high as 117 on ORs. So You Think is 126, so the point stands - he's more or less run to form once you consider Rewilding to have improved.

I have Sri Putra 118 and could have run even better today, Planteur trageted for this and the ganay form is solid, my feeling is first 2 run to 130 and possibly Rewilding is a slightly better horse, especially at 12f,

about Rewilding, he needs space between race, I dont think the KG is a good ideal, I would go to York and then the Arc.

Back