Sprinting Division

Great run from Equiano. How long can he keep holding his form? The Nunthorpe is his for the taking if he reproduces either of his last 2 efforts.

No arguments now - the two best horses filled the first two places and both worthy of being called Group1 sprinters - Great race.

Great run from Equiano. How long can he keep holding his form? The Nunthorpe is his for the taking if he reproduces either of his last 2 efforts.

Great to see him having such a good season after the way he dropped off last year. 5 or 6 seems to be all the same to him these days, too.

From a ratings point of view it's probably pretty tough to rate him too highly - but he is a real exciting horse to watch. Relentless.

Did well but more of a staying on performance (ground it out) than impressive. I thought he would be closer to last than first at halfway.

Good ride by Hills. I agree about the Nunthorpe and hope he hasn't left it there.

What were the other jockeys thinking of giving SSB the rail again?!

It is a real shame Hislop and co have spent 90% of their analysis on Murtagh's move....he crossed a couple of horses but to me they the main trouble was caused by the rest of the field immeadiately following him.

Heard they have to make a decision by midnight tonight if he's to stay make quarantine for covering in Oz. Fingers crossed they decided to keep him in training/

GREAT run also by Alverta, who I'd never thought would place in a race like this.

You probably will not be seeing Starspangledbanner again, he is off to stud now.

I wonder with what has been seen by the Australian horses, if the likes of Coolmore, Darley and co will be attending the spring carnival with purchasing on their minds.

It is a real shame Hislop and co have spent 90% of their analysis on Murtagh's move....he crossed a couple of horses but to me they the main trouble was caused by the rest of the field immeadiately following him.

That's a peach Gal ! ......the ban was fair, the move was wreckless.

Looking forward to seeing Star upped in trip, he was very impressive in Aus winning the Guineas.

I don't think he can win over 5f at that level, I think we'll see the best of him over 7f or a fast mile like the Sussex. Should be some race if he goes.

Would prefer to see him go to the Hong Kong Sprint. 1200m around the bend at Sha Tin, and attracts arguably the best sprinters in the world.

No reason why he can't do both - Ballydoyle haven't had much luck at Haydock, neither Stravinsky or Mozart ran in the race and their more recent runners haven't fared amazingly well

Back