Sprinting Division

She looked a bit intimidated to me. Fair dues to dandy - he has really improved this horse in the last year or so..

Cost 400,000Y and Dandy picked it up for 18,000 3-y-o when he'd looked to be going the wrong way for Johnston. Not a bad job at all.

Cheers Ark...did it well enough but still lacking that bit of zip? Hard to know what was behind him either, loved the camera work...

Overdose delights home crowd with easy win

By NEIL CLARK 5:41PM 15 AUG 2010
Report: Hungary, Sunday
KincsemPark, Budapest: Bestens-Pannonia Life Insurance Prize (Listed) 5f
SPRINT sensation Overdose (Jozef Roszival/Gary Hind) extended his unbeaten record to 14 amid emotional scenes at Kincsem Park in Budapest on Sunday.

RELATED LINKS

In front of a rapturous home crowd, the 'Budapest Bullet' obliterated his rivals with a ten-length victory in a Listed race over 5f to record his second success since returning from a 15-month lay-off following a serious foot injury.
After recording only a half-length victory on his comeback last month in Bratislava, Overdose was back to his imperious best, making all on home turf under Czech-based British veteran Gary Hind.
The five-year-oldson of Starborough stopped the clock in a decent time of 56.4s as he posted a runaway victory over Spinning Crystal.
Owner Zoltan Mikoczy expressed his delight at the performance and confirmed that Overdose will now head to Baden-Baden on August 29 to contest the Group 2 Goldene Peitsche, a race he won two years ago.
"There were two criteria for today," said the exultant owner.
"One, that Overdose won by more than five lengths. And secondly, that the time was around 56 seconds. So provided there are no problems in the next few days, he will head to Germany."
Hind said that Overdose had clearly improved from his comeback run at Bratislava.
"From the start his action was better today," said Hind. "And his time was very good considering the ground.
"He is a unique horse and today was a special day with a very happy ending - I am a small wheel in a big chain but it's great to be part of it. No matter how much money I have, I can never buy moments like today."

Was KINCSEM named for Kincsem Park, or was it the other way round?

What a wonderful record - the perfect stable would hold him, ZENYATTA, RACHEL ALEXANDRA, HARBINGER on all four feet, PACO BOY, GOLDIKOVA...

It would be great to see him come through his next race ok and show up once more at Longchamp. What a travesty it was the last time he ran there.

Dr Horse
(7) Borderlescott
(3) Equiano (FR)
(1) Kingsgate Native (IRE)
(8) Prime Defender
(6) Spin Cycle (IRE) (Visor)
(13) Starspangledbanner (AUS)
(10) Mister Hughie (IRE)
(11) Sole Power
(4) Fleeting Spirit (IRE)
(2) Piccadilly Filly (IRE)
(9) Rose Blossom (Visor)
(5) Dinkum Diamond (IRE)
(12) Stone of Folca

I don't bet in sprints but if I did I'd punt Kingsgate Native who has a decision this year over Equino, has won this before and might be on an "on" day.

Quite like Fleeting Spirit's chances myself, would be keen to take the favourite on over the minimum trip.

The Best two year old has so much early natural pace, it's terrifying and he's drawn next to the fav, if they get into a duel, I fancy something from behind to take them out late on.

Fleeting Spirit is an absolutely cracking each way bet at 8/1. On form, she is the best 5 furlong sprinter for me, and the ground shouldn't be as quick as at Newmarket.

I think you would need to be on drugs to back Starspangledbanner at 2/1 or less. Agree with you Luke in one sense, but worry you could lose out by him staying on right at the end.

How do you see the race going?

I am horribly out of form so SSB will either hack up or worse again come from an impossible position and snatch a place on the line.
Seriously I think it will be very hard for a horse coming from Australia to hold his form into the latter part of August-I am betting on him blowing out.

I think 2/1 is a fair enough price. I think he is the best horse in the race - even over this trip - and he probably did give away some ground or at least some momentum last time out by having to cross the track something that he will not necessarily need to do in similar fashion today.

My worry would be as Luke said that he has been on the go along time.

How do you see the race going?

Four horses getting the "M" on the Timeform card (Starspangledbanner, Equiano, Piccadilly Filly and Rose Blossom) would suggest that there will plenty of pace on the front end anyway - especially given that Piccadilly Filly is drawn next to Equiano and the Fahey horse is drawn near Starspangledbanner.

Might bring the likes of Kingsgate Native and Fleeting Spirit into the equation (though the former is proving unreliable and I have a suspicion the latter might be best over 6f). Very little between a bunch of these though, which makes this (like the vast majority of sprints) a watching brief for me.

The market doesn't seem to be punishing me -the ballydoyle runners tend to go one way or the other in the betting and I should have a good idea just before the off.

Back