Lord Shanakill (USA) 3.c
Malibu Bay (USA) 3.c
Mia's Boy 5.h
Paco Boy (IRE) 4.c
Rip Van Winkle (IRE) 3.c
Rockhampton (IRE) 3.c
Set Sail (IRE) 3.c
Windsor Palace (IRE) 4.c

If Ghanaati, Paco Boy, Lord Shanakill and Rip Van Winkle all line up it should be a cracker.

Anyone care to price it up?

If Ghanaati, Paco Boy, Lord Shanakill and Rip Van Winkle all line up it should be a cracker.

Anyone care to price it up?

I dunno. If Rip can really run to anything like DO tells us he can, he'll win by half a furlong and may well win even if he can't run to that. They'll probably price the filly up as favourite, although she'll be doing well to win. Paco Boy and LS are both half decent. I'd like to see something I believe in in my belly lining up here. These are plausible enough though I suppose.

The market could well be quite different from what we may expect. There are always going to be questions the first time a filly lines up against a colt, there are questions (for some) about whether Rip Van Winkle is as good as the Eclipse showed, did Lord Shankill win a weak Group 1, or is he a Group 1 (and near Dewhurst) winner who was wrong in the Guineas.

The only one with who there is not any questions (for me) is Paco Boy. Clearly suited to Goodwood (won at Glorious Goodwood last year) and showed he stayed a mile in winning the Queen Anne.

I am certainly not saying he will win, or that i won't end up backing one of Ghanaati or RVW, but he's the most solid as things stand. All depends on the prices which i have little idea of at present.

Beacon Lodge could be very interesting at a price. I just can't see Ghanaati getting beat here but Paco Boy worries me more than RVW.

I am certainly not saying he will win, or that i won't end up backing one of Ghanaati or RVW, but he's the most solid as things stand. All depends on the prices which i have little idea of at present.

That's the way I'm thinking that Paco Boy is the most solid/plausible. Just wish I believed he was a Sussex Stakes winner. I won't be backing the filly (which doesn't mean she won't win). Surely they must win some sort of race with Rip though?... so if I was having a bet (which I probably won't) it would be PB or RVW.

Paco Boy currently 7 on Betfair; that seems a very fair price to me. I think he's potentially a 127/128 horse which may well be enough. It wouldn't be too far off (providing of course he ran to his best) .

Ghanaati 2.4 and Rip 2.7. Lord Shankill 16.5 and Beacon Lodge 20.

I can't see how much market depth there is, or has the market even properly formed yet.

Last edited:
Would think they'll go off...

RVW 7/4
Ghanaati 5/2
Paco Boy 4/1

With a significant gap to the rest.

Best prices with the firms who have priced up...

RVW 7/4 (Blue Sq)
Ghanaati 5/2 (Hills)
Paco Boy 4/1 (Blue Sq)
Lord Shanakill 10/1
Beacon Lodge 25/1
Forgotten Voice 25/1

Back