Tajjree

Initially you feel a little disappointed because the each way money has just gone and there was no prize money for 4th but then after a while you think of the positives.
She has been forced wide on the final straight which must have cost her at least a couple of lengths so with that bit of luck she would have been in the 3.
But also the 2nd and 3rd have received 22lb and 15lb respectively in weight for age from her,that is a lot.
The winner is officially rated 12lb her superior as well so to finish 3 1/2 lengths behind her off level weights probably is a fair run and we've beaten the rest of the field comfortably.
The last race she ran in looked very weak at the time but the winner has won 2 hcaps since and other winners came out of it so maybe todays race was a little stronget than it looked on paper,who knows!
There's another similar race coming up soon for her with no 3 year olds qualifying so hopefully that will be pretty weak.
I'm sure she'll win a little race (and remember she hasn't had a proper go yet on turf,hasn't race on a straight track yet or ran in a hcap).
There's a lot still to learn about her and I'm sure we'll have plenty more fun with her.

Originally posted by Arkwright@Jan 4 2007, 09:18 PM
Initially you feel a little disappointed because the each way money has just gone and there was no prize money for 4th but then after a while you think of the positives.
Tell me about it mate, I could have posted the very same thing about FF yesterday.

I think it was a run for you all to take plenty of encouragement from.

Didn't see the race live so will have to watch the replay tomorrow, but she sounds like she overcame a couple of drawbacks (weight and wide run), Arkers, and did a fine job. I'm sure, like you, she's got to take 1st prize soon, especially with so many unknowns still to try.

Caj - your little darlin' is definitely talented, no mistake. Just two runs and SO very brave not to give up in that dreadful Wetherby muck! If your chap had whacked her about she might've hung onto 3rd, just to make you all happy, but that could've dispirited her, especially as she's such a youngster and was trying so nicely. Years of fun to come your way yet.

Originally posted by krizon@Jan 4 2007, 09:46 PM
Caj - your little darlin' is definitely talented, no mistake. Just two runs and SO very brave not to give up in that dreadful Wetherby muck! If your chap had whacked her about she might've hung onto 3rd, just to make you all happy, but that could've dispirited her, especially as she's such a youngster and was trying so nicely. Years of fun to come your way yet.
Think what I said came across the wrong way... :shy:

The thing that gutted me most was that I thought she really deserved the 3rd place the gutsy effort she put in...

All being well could be returning to Wolves on Saturday for another maiden and if so may be accompanied by Teddy who also has an entry in one of the h'caps.

Best of luck to both of them - I'll have to catch the replay when I get home, unfortunately. It's a lot more fun seeing horses belonging to people you've got to know run live, although you can concentrate on replays a bit better!

Looking forward to seeing the pair out too - shame I can't be there though :(

Merlin, Adam is going to be cutting it a bit fine to make it to Wolves on Saturday as he doesn't get back from skiing till that morning so Adrian McCarthy will more than likely ride.

Both are declared,be interesting to see how Teddy gets on in what is essentially a banded race in all but name.
Not much luck with the draw again with Taj so we'll just have to hope she gets some luck in running.

Don't usually get nervous before the horses run but with Taj forecast 2nd fav and Teddy not without a chance if he gets the trip there will be one or two butterflies in the stomach today.

just brilliant !!!! we did some shouting in front of computer. EEEaaasy as well. Well done all invovled, what a deserved win for the whole team, and little gutsy Tajjree!!!!! :)

Back