The 2014 Punchestown Festival

DH, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you didn't hack the e-mail I sent to Digger yesterday afternoon, putting-up Twinlight as the pick. :p :D

Ha Ha :lol: very good...

At least we're on the same page Grassy! Your analysis of the race was almost identical to mine.

I've also done Twinlight 8/1 in an E/W patent with Wicklow Brave 16/1 & Don Cossack 6/1.

I'm not saying Wicklow brave will win but his price is simply too big....

You getting stuck in Faugheen at 4/6 or is it a 'let him win at that price' scenario for you today?

I'm wondering what Slim Chance reckons about the Weld-trained Diplomat in the 4:55 Hurdle at 20/1.
He put him up as one to follow on a thread I started about horses notching up sequences called the winning sequence thread a while back. With a decent gallop, back on good ground, you never know.

Last edited:
With Djakadam not running, I assume Ruby switches to Ballycasey and Towned in turn switches to Mozoltov?
Does Carberry get bumped or will he in turn bump Geraghty from Don Cossack?

Talk about trading places.............

Last edited:
I am all over Somersby in the big race, and I have had a speculative bet on The Liquidator without the favourite at Cheltenham If they decide to ride him with a bit of restraint, I think he is going to place. 13/2 without the fav will do for me.

just enjoy it. beast of a horse. Hopefully he proves to be adaptable in trip. Not a bet at them prices

As you pointed out to me granger, his 2m bumper form when he annihilated Josses Hill by 22Lengths here at Punchestown proves speed should be no issue.

I was severely on the wrong side of this horse at Cheltenham after taking a strong view his poor hurdling would catch him out. But even though he clattered a few and walked through a few it did not stop that Monster engine!

Be very interested to see has his hurdling improved today. It should certainly be tested over the shorter sharper trip.

Completely. For me that was the most impressive performance I've seen from any horse this jumps season.

I tweeted out that Nicky and Twister will probably put in pacemakers to stop him having an easy lead but I doubt it would make too much difference.

Back