The 2015 2-y-o thread.

Good to see Rockaway Valley bolt up. That was a good race that Big Bad Bob maiden.
He should have been odds on today.

It looked quite a strong field beforehand, Frankel.

In yesterday's only 2-y-o race Rockaway Valley created a very strong impression when making all and winning comfortably in the first at the Curragh; first season sire Pour Moi's first runner, Only Mine, showed plenty of promise in running on strongly for fourth place.

Today

Thirsk 2.15

Four runners for first season sires. Frozen Power has two, Emerald Asset (never recovered from a slow start and being hampered on his first start) and Siberian Power (making her debut). Lilbourne Lad also has two Quick And Qurky (making her debut) and Mecca's Missus (half-sister to three winners, was a well-beaten second of three on debut at Ayr). Mr. Lupton (13/8) is favourite on the back of a running-on second to Millennium Falcon on his debut at this track.

Ayr 2.30

Two FSS with runners Wootton Bassett (Bassett Bleu, making debut) and Roderic O'Connor (Duncan Of Scotland, a half-brother to Alcando a winner on debut as a 2-y-o). King's Pavilion (5/6) heads the market, he was second to the impressive War Department first time up at Leicester. Birkdale (9/4) is the only other with market support, he was third at ACyr on debut.

Roscommon 5.30

Two FSS represented, Roderic O'Connor (Dodgybingo - hampered at start and never involved on his first run) and Elusive Pimpernel (Bracken Princess - well behind in three runs). Galway Bay is 8/13 after two good runs in two good races.

Windsor 6.20

Roderic O'Connor is represented by the debutant , Sir Roderic. Menai (5/2) is trained by Charlie Hills and has Spencer doing the business in the saddle, he heads the market here following a debut full of promise when second to Aleko at Haydock. Cogent (25/1) is worth a mention, he's a half-brother to loadsa winners - including Crowley's Law, second to Arabian Queen in a Group 3 race for fillies at Epsom last week.

Pontefract 6.40

FSS Zoffany (Bint Aldar) and Frozen Power (Freeze A Crowd) have runners, both are making their debuts. Martini Time (11/8) heads the market, she was unlucky (slowly away and hampered early) on debut when second to Ashadihan. Of the others, newcomer Jessie B. Goode, a full-sister to dual winner Johnny B. Goode is worth consideration.

Hardly anything happening regarding RaceBets odds for Champion FSS (by number of winners):

Zoffany 4/6 (from 4/5)
Canford Cliffs 6/4
Lilbourne Lad 10/3
Dream Ahead 6/1
Roderic O'Connor 8/1
Frozen Power 10/1
Poet's Voice 11/1
Pour Moi 25/1
Dick Turpin 100/1

First time a FSS is 2 wins clear now that Zoffany is on 6, Canford Cliffs on 4, Lilbourne Lad on 3, 3 sires on 2 and 3 sires on 1 win. No reason to go nuts yet about a price of 4/6.

Last season the champion Zebedee was on a new record number of wins on 36, Showcasing narrowed the gap towards the end of the season with 34 and Fast Company on 26 wins.

One thing going through my mind the whole time is that I think this year the FSS's winners are way behind in numbers of wins compared to last year. I know that in total FSS's had 259 wins all season last year. More of interest though is the number of wins at this time of year and luckily there is Colin's thread from last year and his statustics posted exactly on June 8th was:

STALLION WINNERS–RUNNERS WINS RUNS 2ND 3RD 4TH WIN PRIZE TOTAL PRIZE
Showcasing 6–16 38% 9 28 5 4 0 £72,649 £84,535
Fast Company 3–18 17% 4 36 4 2 5 £41,372 £49,074
Zebedee 7–32 22% 8 65 7 10 10 £24,251 £39,375
Starspangledbanner 4–6 67% 4 7 0 1 0 £21,743 £22,224
Paco Boy 2–16 13% 2 26 6 3 6 £7,763 £19,969
Rip Van Winkle 2–8 25% 2 10 3 1 0 £12,722 £19,817
Hellvelyn 2–14 14% 2 27 5 7 2 £5,175 £18,347
Approve 3–14 21% 3 31 3 1 7 £10,149 £17,989
Lope De Vega 2–8 25% 2 14 2 3 0 £11,285 £17,506
Arcano 2–13 15% 2 20 2 2 0 £9,057 £15,298
Equiano 2–16 13% 2 27 4 2 4 £7,439 £14,025
Makfi 1–8 13% 1 14 2 1 0 £4,205 £7,673
Vale Of York 1–10 10% 1 18 1 4 1 £2,911 £6,054
Stimulation 1–14 7% 1 28 0 4 1 £2,588 £4,385
Munnings 1–1 100% 1 2 0 1 0 £2,911 £3,854
Alfred Nobel 0–5 — 0 8 0 1 1 £0 £794
Lord Shanakill 0–5 — 0 5 0 0 1 £0 £289
Lookin At Lucky 0–1 — 0 1 0 0 1 £0 £241
Silver Frost 0–2 — 0 5 0 0 0 £0 £0
Arabian Gleam 0–1 — 0 2 0 0 0 £0 £0
Mawatheeq 0–1 — 0 1 0 0 0 £0 £0
Vocalised 0–2 — 0 2 0 0 0 £0 £0
Mullionmileanhour 0–3 — 0 4 0 0 0 £0 £0

Unfortunately it was posted by prize money, but you can see there was a total number of 44 FSS wins this very day last year compared to the 22 as per today.

Way behind - any idea why? Can't have to do with the size of the progeny, that looks to be on a comparable level. Particularly early siring ones last year by means of especially Zebedee, Showcasing and Fast Company?

Looks a bit strange 22 this year versus 44 last year. From these figures the total number of wins for this year's champion is set to be well below 30 I guess and the lower the total number of wins the closer the gaps to be expected towards 2nd and 3rd in the table.

So, if anyone is meant to go against Zoffany's 4/6 and pick some better odds, the above figures could encourage to do so.

Last edited:
RaceBets closed their market once again - previous odds (as posted above) are still visible, cannot be selected for a bet though. May be they're panicking and closed the market to get more time to review the odds after Lilbourne Lad had a 25/1 winner today :rolleyes:

Last edited:
A bad day for 2-y-o favourites with all five beaten. Sympathy to those who backed Mr. Lupton at Thirsk as his chance disappeared when Emerald Asset suffered a tack malfunction resulting in him veering sharply left and wiping out the favourite; the result was a good one for first season sire Lilbourne Lad his daughters Quick N Quirky and Mecca's Missus finishing first and second. Menai, at Windsor, was the favourite nearest to winning being outpaced by Torment in the final furlong to finish second.

Today

Salisbury 1.55

Runners for FSS Wootton Bassett (Clive Clifton), Elusive Pimpernel (Premier Currency), Canford Cliffs (Canford Star) and Dick Turpin (Lady Katherine) none of these make much appeal. Racquet, a promising fourth on debut here has the best form and is the favourite at 10/11.

Salisbury 2.25

Two FSS represented, Frozen Power (Ice Age) and Lilbourne Lad (Bernie's Boy) both having their first runs. Galileo Gold, second to Age Of Empire in a good York maiden tops the form and speed ratings and heads the market at 11/8. Based on the betting his only danger appears to be Blacklister who should have won on debut at Leicester but there the race away almost on the line by linking right.

Lingfield 6.30

Katie Canford is a runner for FSS Canford Cliffs she has run third at long odds in both her outings heads the ratings today and is available at 10/1. Lolla Fincess (Hannon/Hughes) a moderate second in a moderate maiden is the 13/8 favourite. Of the others La Rioja and Figurante are related to black type animals and are worth keeping an eye on.

As guessed RaceBets probably needed a re-think about their market for FSS and they have now re-opened it yesterday afternoon. Outcome was that they pushed out all but the top 3 to odds of 10/1 or more - which makes sense I think.

As I posted before I think it's eirther of interest for those fancying a go against the favourite Zoffany to try the current reasonable odds of e.g. Lilbourne Lad or Canford Cliffs.
If you'd fancy Zoffany I'd rather recommend to wait a bit longer to see if margin of 2 wins increases a bit more and have a bet for reduced odds compared to today with a higher stake.

My view is that the most determining factor which FSS to select is the number of runs. The higher number of runs increases the likelihood of outsiders grabbing a win - for instance the recent 25/1 winner for Lilbourne Lad.

In today's odds overview I've therefore included the wins and number of runs behind each stallion and it's odds:

Zoffany 8/11 (from 4/6) - 6 wins, 27 runs
Canford Cliffs 13/8 (from 6/4) - 4 wins, 27 runs
Lilbourne Lad 3/1 (from 10/3) - 4 wins, 43 runs
Dream Ahead 10/1 (from 6/1) - 1 win, 13 runs
Roderic O'Connor 10/1 (from 8/1) - 2 wins, 14 runs
Frozen Power 11/1 (from 10/1) - 2 wins, 17 runs
Poet's Voice 12/1 (from 11/1) - 2 wins, 18 runs
Pour Moi 22/1 (from 25/1) - no win, 1 run
Dick Turpin 100/1 - no win, 10 runs

So Lilbourne Lad came in after his 25/1 winner - ok. Pour Moi came in after his first and only runner - nonsens, no idea why, probably triggered by a smallish bet to be lost for sure. Dick Turpin unchanged at 100/1 - ok. All others got pushed out, some quite considerably - ok.

I think Lilbourne Lad and Zoffany will fight it out, Canford Cliffs a safe third and no idea what the remainder will do and in which order.

Last edited:
A complete turnaround yesterday; three 2-y-o races, three winning favourites. At Salisbury, Racquet (6/4) and Gallileo Gold (10/11) won with the minimum of fuss. Not quite as straightforward for Lolla Finces (evens) at Lingfield where a promising debut by La Rioja meant that Hughes had to push the favourite out to win.

Today

Beverley 2.00

A claimer, where Priory, a winner on debut on the Polytrack at Lingfield, is trading at 11/10. Roaring Rory, third to Halsall at Redcar, provides the main opposition.

Haydock 2.40

First season sire canford Cliffs is represented by Cuppatee, a running on second at Brighton last time, Ryan Moore takes the ride. Basra, fifth to Ring Of Truth on this course on debut, heads the market at 5/2. Performer, a half-brother to four winners, is an interesting newcomer.

Fairyhouse 6.00

FSS Zoffany has a runner in Colour Model, a moderate fifth on debut at the Curragh. Vitello is the favourite at 5/4, she was third to Miss Katie Mae on her debut at the Curragh.

Kempton 7.10

Quite an open affair with the un-raced Taqwaa favourite at 7/2. Capital Gearing's third on debut appears to be the best form and he is available at 5/1. Time Warp, if he runs, will be Sir's (Mark Prescott) first 2-y-o runner of the season, he's by Archipenko, whose runners are 3/9 on this surface and has already had a couple of nice 2-y-o winners this season, and is the first foal of a rather moderate Folkestone maiden winner.

Last edited:
Lolamotion took the claimer at Beverley yesterday overcoming a slow start and taking the lead inside the final furlong. At Haydock Blue Bayou (20/1) was driven out to get the better of the 11/10 favourite inside the final furlong. Vitello the evens favourite confirmed the promise she showed on debut to win at Fairyhouse. A total boil-over at Kempton as 50/1 shot Lucymai came with a late run to get up in the last strides.

Today

Nottingham 2.00

Two first season sires represented; Frozen Power (Freeze Style, third on debut in a moderate Carlisle maiden) and Poet's Voice (Poet's Beauty, slowly away and a moderate fifth to Aleko on debut at Haydock). Quite an open affair with Charlie Appleby's with Rouleau (a half-brother to Amadeus Wolf, a top-class 2-y-o) the 3/1 favourite. Karoo, a distant fifth on debut at Leicester, is a half-brother to Burwaaz, a short-head second in the Group 2 Flying Childers in his first season. Palpitation is a half-brother to Systematic, winner of the 2004 Ormonde at Chester. Others with claims are Show Me Again and Triassic.

Newbury 2.20

FSS with runners; Roderic O'Connor (Cross Examine, last of six at Brighton on debut), Cape Blanco (Indrapura - making debut), Frozen Power (Madrinho - also making debut) and Zoffany (Papa Luigi, a well-beaten second to Shanghai Glory on debut and is 6/4 favourite today). Plenty of potential on show with the debutants but nothing that I feel forced to mention.

Leopardstown 6.00

Minding is of interest from a breeding point of view, she is a full-sister to Kissed By Angels, winner of the Group3 1,000 Guineas Trial at the Curragh last month. At the moment Minding shares favouritism at 7/4 with Special Focus, the only one that has had a run. She's had three runs in fact, the best of those was last time at Naas when she ran second to Great Page in a Listed event. Of the others, Tanaza is a half-sister to Taniyar, winner of a 3-y-o Conditions event in France last month.

Leopardstown 6.30

FSS Paddy O'Prado (USA) has a runner with From Eden. Port Douglas heads the market at 11/8 and is of interest as this son of Galileo is a half-brother to three black-typr horses in Germany. There are only two with form to their name, Touch Of Frost's probably just the better. Of the others Sunglider is out of a winner-producing mare.

Haydock 8.20

George William is odds-on for this on the strength of his debut fourth at Goodwood, one place behind his stable-mate War Whisper, a winner since. Hibou makes appeal from a breeding stance, being a half-brother to Alexandros (a winner of two Group 3s and other well-rated performers), he is also a Charlie Appleby "second-time-outer". Space Mountain, a son of Sea The Stars is also worth a mention.

An early batting order on Bell's 2yos (in my humble opinion)

Academy House
Rosecomb
Big Sky
Golden Hello
Show Legend (but may be already better than this)
Modest, Giant Shadow, Cape Orford, Towerland Park, Carter Pace (terribly green: may be better)
Bocking End
Sciarra
Blue Moon Rising

There are 3 I can't tie in at the moment but The Major is ahead of Duck a L'Orange and General Hazard.

Very difficult to differentiate from the small amount of evidence you see. Will be interested in the run of Rosecomb (Rip Van Winkle out of a Mtoto mare) on Thursday. Spencer is in the plate!!!

A month on and Bell is yet to have a 2yo winner (I was afraid this would be the Porridge Stakes). In fact he hasn't got closer than with his first runner Academy House who has not returned to the track, yet has been seen fairly often on the gallops where they seem to be getting him to settle and come from behind. As he's a Kodiac they may be waiting for softer ground.

Despite running indifferently on his debut Show Legend (Showcasing) does show up well on the gallops and seemed to have the edge over Machine Learner and Golden Hello in one gallop. I think Show Legend will do better next time out.

Which brings me to Machine Learner who runs today. He looks as if he knows what to do as he went well with The Major (Major Cadeaux) and Strathearn in a recent gallop. Bell is not on fire (<10% strike rate) and doesn't seem to push his 2yos first time out but the Sir Percy colt may be worth place support.

Of the others I'd think Big Sky (Fastnet Rock) should know more next time I've probably over-rated Golden Hello (Zebedee). I'll have a go at rerating them in a months time.

Last edited:
Bit of a surprise in the opener at Nottingham yesterday with Show Me Again a 33/1 shot coming with a storming late run to get up close home, there were a number of promising debuts behind. There was a similar scenario for Newbury's first with Twin Sails the 28/1 winner with a number of first-timers running well. In the first at Leopardstown went to the well-supported (2/1 favourite) Dubawi filly Tanaza who created a good impression, travelling well and making smooth progress in the home straight then quickening to win comfortably, Minding, the displaced favourite, ran well enough but her high head-carriage was a little off-putting. The impressively-bred Port Douglas justified favouritism in the second at Leopardstown, travelling well just behind the leaders taking it up a furlong out and running on to win. At Haydock, Hayadh "was a very naughty boy" in the preliminaries, proudly showing all that he had, but there was nothing wrong with his behaviour in the race, allowed to go on early he made the rest and repelled the challenges of Hibou and George William.

Today

York 2.00

Secret Ambition (Mark Johnston) and Scottish Command (Richard Hannon) are the two with the form in the book, the former's looking just the stronger. Rosina and Wolowitz are newcomers of interest.

Sandown 2.10

For some reason - possibly the firm ground - only three turn out for this?? The unraced Raucous is the favourite at 5/4 and he is by first season sire Dream Ahead, the combination of Haggas and Moore probably the reason for the short price. Muatadel (Mark Johnston) is the only one with form, a third at Chelmsford last month.

York 3.05

The Rous seller, a race that has occasionally thrown up a decent winner. They seem a rather moderate bunch today with Pippin Street (R.Fahey) and Smart Mover (John Quinn) difficult to separate on form.

Sandown 3.15

Seven furlongs here is quite a test of stamina for 2-y-os. There are runners for FSS Zoffany (Von Blucher - making his debut) and Canford Cliffs (Whitecliff Park - who has a little experience, a quiet run in seventh place over Newbury's six furlongs he is a half-brother to Mojo Risin, winner of a Listed event for 3-y-os over 10.5f. at Toulouse in April). A number of interesting newcomers, not least Machine Learner (mentioned in a post above) by Sir Percy out of a very successful dam My First Romance who has produced three black-types Chapter Seven, Romantic Liason and Romantic Myth as well as several other smart animals. Others with potential; Both Sides, a half-brother to Sparkling Beam - a Group 3 winner in France and Rainbow Springs- placed in a top 2-y-o race in France, Hornsby and See You When.

Chepstow 5.50

A nice race for the course. FSS Canford Cliffs has Thee And Me running but he's difficult to fancy in this. In an open market Dodgy Bob is favourite at 7/2, he kept on well to hold off a hot favourite at Ripon last time. There are plenty of dangers including Ower Fly (R.Hannon) and Tawdheef (Brian Meehan who's 2-y-os have been doing well recently).

Goodwood 6.30

Only one of these has run, African Showgirl, who was slowly away on her Windsor debut, she'll surely improve on that. Of the first-timers Leitrim Traveller is a half-brother to the useful filly Violet Lashes who ran in Listed company in Ireland and Lido Lady is a full-sister to four decent animals, Conniption the best of them, she was a good 2-y-o who had a RPR of 100.

Due to a perceived lack of interest I'm changing the format.

Yesterday

Sandown 3.15

I'm not in a good mood, how did I miss this winner; Abernathy (second time out for Charlie Appleby) did well to win, coming wide into the straight and running on very well to hold off Von Blucher. The second is a sure future winner and most of the field are likely winners namely: See You When, Machine Learner, Both Sides, Hornsby, Rateel and California Lad.

York 2.00

Rosina was quite impressive when winning this on debut. She's a daughter of Showcasing out of a mare (Mondovi) whose only other runner won four races. The second, Geno, who was also making his debut was running on well at the finish suggesting a longer trip would be beneficial.

Today

Bath 2.40

Two first season sires with runners; Canford Cliffs (Cuppatee - finished midfield under a Ryan Moore ride at Haydock on Wednesday) and Lilbourne Lad (Olivia Pope who has finished last in both her runs). Jumeirah Star is a half-brother to a good handicapper, Speed Hawk.

Chester 3.05

Ahdaf is a half-brother to Group 3 winner New Providence, he's been disappointing in his two runs. Tholen, a half-brother to two black-type horses in Time Prisoner and Pearl Grey was last of six on his debut at Goodwood.

York 4.55

FFS Zoffany represented by Mister Zoff who is making his debut. Prince Hellvelyn is a half-brother to two decent handicappers. Ingleby Erin is a half-sister to Ingleby Angel the winner of eight handicaps.

Leicester 6.15

Pour Pavot is a runner for FSS Pour Moi and is making her debut. Girl With A Pearl by Dutch Art and a half-sister to, Farquhar, a smart handicapper and made a reasonable debut at Newmarket. High Speed, by Kodiac, is a half-sister to a Group 3 winner at Meydan she was a decent third over 5f. at Chester last time.

Last edited:
to be fair Col is right..but its not just this thread..everyday on here threads are getting hundreds of views...no input..encouragement..bugger all. Its all take imo...just a few folk putting effort in.

imo the board is a shadow of self...its time many people stepped up here..

we will now get..well there is no interesting racing going on..its not jumps etc..thats bull..its ascot next week..every saturday there are 5 meetings...we have had decent mid week racing as well

OLBG forum has 4 pages a day thread..just on that days racing..every day people putting forth useful views

something wrong here imo

personally i am losing interest..and i'm someone who posts more than most usually..its up to people to start using this board for what its here for instead of just reading the small amoun that is posted here by same folk day in day out

forums need posters..not just readers

Last edited:
Thanks for the encouragement but I did say "perceived" lack of interest.

If you put some time into putting a post together and the typing it in it is a touch depressing when there is very little response. I'm not talking about congratulatory back-slapping posts I would prefer someone taking my posts apart and become involved in a discussion - a dialogue instead of a monologue would be a start.

Unfortunately that's the way forums work mate. I post on another forum where there are over 1000 viewing which ever time of the day you go on it, but probably only 50 tops who regularly post.

Got to bear in mind that when it says 'viewing' they probably opened the forum, had a glance and then are now reading / watching other things on separate tabs or are off doing something else (still shows viewing).

I'll be reading a lot of forums and online papers for the hour or so I'm actively online and tend to only contribute if I read something I feel strongly about.

I do love all the threads on here though and find them really interesting to read so apologies that I use it more as site to read informative views than to contribute to as I appreciate it must frustrate some of you with the lack of feedback, etc.

Will try to make more of an effort.

Cheers

to be fair Col is right..but its not just this thread..everyday on here threads are getting hundreds of views...no input..encouragement..bugger all. Its all take imo...just a few folk putting effort in.

imo the board is a shadow of self...its time many people stepped up here..

we will now get..well there is no interesting racing going on..its not jumps etc..thats bull..its ascot next week..every saturday there are 5 meetings...we have had decent mid week racing as well

OLBG forum has 4 pages a day thread..just on that days racing..every day people putting forth useful views

something wrong here imo

personally i am losing interest..and i'm someone who posts more than most usually..its up to people to start using this board for what its here for instead of just reading the small amoun that is posted here by same folk day in day out

forums need posters..not just readers

I know its like listening to a broken record but we have always been much busier in the jumps season, and always have a lot less posts over the summer, which I think is partly down to it being flat season, and partly cos people have better things to do than sit on forums if its red hot outside. Same reason as why viewing figures go down on tv. When its dark, sub zero outside and pissing down with rain or snow, people are much more likely to be stuck in and engaging on forums.

OLBG is a commercial forum, we will never be as busy as a forum that spends tens/hundreds of thousands promoting the business, sponsoring races etc. Im not sure 4 pages of posts a day is that good tbh for the amount of money they spend on promotion. Its a bit like comparing radio 1 to a hospital radio station, saying radio 1 gets more listeners. We are still busier than some other small independant forums.

Having said that I agree and wish people would get involved a bit more, even if they just posted 'thanks' or something to let people know they appreciate the time and effort people put into their posts.

With Royal Ascot being this week, I will send a newsletter out tomorrow to see if that can improve things :)

just checked..its 12.00 on a saturday..over 100 people watching..about 4 posts all morning...wtf is that about?

I've just had a look, 105 online at present, but 24 are spiders, leaving 81, of which 54 are guests.
Bear in mind I did change the cookie length a few months ago, and now 'online now' actually covers the last hour rather than 'now'. No idea where the 1200 came from which is the record users though!

I might stick a post up later to discuss this properly rather than taking this thread off topic :)

For some reason, Saturdays have always, since the forum started, been the least busy day of the week by far for us, doesn't matter what races are on, what meetings, its always dead on here, and I have no idae why, unless more people are at the races, or out shopping, at the football or something!

Last edited:
Yesterday

Leicester 6.15

Whatdoiwantthatfor confirmed the promise shown when second Besharah at Windsor to win the race comfortably.

Lingfield 7.00

Good debut by Fine Blend overcoming traffic problems and getting up inside the final furlong.

Musselburgh

Mulhadathat benefiting from his debut at Ripon stayed on well to go clear in the final furlong.

Navan 2.10

Only three for this and Miss Elizabeth followed up her surprise win at Fairyhouse by going clear and winning nicely.

York $.55

Two nice debuts in behind the winner Sandahl; in third place Prince Hellvelyn who was green early but staying on well at the end, just behind in fourth was Tasleet, keen hold and jumping a path he was staying on well at the finish.

Today

Cork 2.25

Two first season sires represented Gio Ponti (Planchart - making her debut) and Frozen Power (The Frozen Well - shown little in two runs). Shrill is a half-sister to Silkwood who was un-raced as a 2-y-o but won the Group 2 Ribblesdale at Ascot in 2007. Zebgrey is a half-sister to Howya Now Kid, winner of the Listed Surrey Stakes over 7f. at Epsom in 2007.

Doncaster 3.40

FSS Roderic O'Connor has Sharaakah here, she is a half-sister to three useful animals including Quissisana who was second in an Italian Listed event. Pursuitofthestars is of interest, by Sea The Stars (who would have guessed) out of Pursuit Of Life who has produced Gimmy (winner of an Italian Group 1 over 12f.) and Stay Alive (winner of an Italian Group 3 over 7f.). Stars N Angels is a half-sister to the useful Appleberry winner of a %f. Listed event at Hamilton in may of this year.

Salisbury 4.35

Roderic O'Connor, a FSS, has Arctic Flower running, she was a distant 11th. on debut in a moderate Windsor maiden. Gutaifan is related to several decent animals, best of those Silk Fan, winner of a decent Sundown 7f. handicap before going to be trained in Ireland. Operative, a decent second on debut at this track, is a half-brother to Lincoln, a classy 7f. handicapper who was second in this year's Victoria Cup at Ascot.

Back