The 2015 Crabbies Grand National

It might be a good idea to post on here every time one is confirmed as no longer being aimed at the race. Then at least we'll have a better idea where the cut off line will come.

I'll start with Shotgun Paddy who scoped badly after his run at the weekend.

I've taken 25s about Godsmejudge. He's a good jumper who has three very decent efforts in long distance handicaps on his cv. His run in the Whitbread last season a fortnight after finishing second at Ayr was very commendable.

What were his comments about his National chances? I'm always wary of those aimed at Cheltenham with Aintree as an afterthought.

Post race BG was quite open that he had doubts Druids was a National horse due to his economical/careful way of jumping. That's what I took from his comments. Trainer has also said post race he had doubts horse would get home at CH.
There are few interesting ones at end of the handicap, but horses with a run style of hanging out the back don't appeal, as applies to Buffalo, Living Nxt Door. Prefer those that race handy and stay forever.

Post race BG was quite open that he had doubts Druids was a National horse due to his economical/careful way of jumping. That's what I took from his comments. Trainer has also said post race he had doubts horse would get home at CH.
There are few interesting ones at end of the handicap, but horses with a run style of hanging out the back don't appeal, as applies to Buffalo, Living Nxt Door. Prefer those that race handy and stay forever.

Interesting. Tbh I hope he is withdrawn. I don't think I'd back him for reasons already stated. However, if he won you'd be left thinking how bloody obvious that was!

I also like a few lurking at the bottom but they're about 60-70 in the list so not much chance of getting in.

And until recently a French bred had never won.

It will go to a 7 year old at some point.

Of course it will, but who knows when. It is one stat i'll happily side with until it changes, it has stood me in good stead for the last 20 years.

It might be a good idea to post on here every time one is confirmed as no longer being aimed at the race. Then at least we'll have a better idea where the cut off line will come.

I'll start with Shotgun Paddy who scoped badly after his run at the weekend.

Carlingford Lough ruled out

13 withdrawals at second scratching stage for the Grand National 2015:
- Carlingford Lough
- Boston Bob
- Roi Du Mee
- Rolling Aces
- Alderwood
- Katenko
- Living Next Door
- Shotgun paddy
- Make A Track
- Prince De Beauchene
- Cedre Bleu
- Buddy Bolero
- Theatrical Star

74 move on to the next stage which is the five day confirmation stage on April 6th 2015!

Handicapper Phil Smith says if he was to frame the GN race again he'd put Rocky Creek 10lb higher.

Last edited:
I think in the National nowadays you need a touch of class and having that is a major plus.

It's like he's had a long apprenticeship and now he's the belated finished article.

I think PN has always believed in the horse but because of that belief over faced him

But now he's come good and is better than his rating suggests 11.3lbs ? he's now a better horse than that IMO

He jumps, he's got class has a good racing weight and he stays plus there's a good engine in there.

Can't see past him

I thought you said Wyck Hill was the winner [?]....

I thought you said Wyck Hill was the winner [?]....

Yeah once I thought Mill House would win the Chelteham Gold Cup until I saw Arkle :cool:

Actually came on to say I think Many Clouds is an interesting addition to the field.

Would need some cut but a few April showers he has the class to make his mark.

Does Many Clouds necessarily need cut in the ground if the race is over 4 and a half miles? Soft ground slows down other horses for him over 3 miles, but surely other horses - inferior ones - won't need to be slowed down for him to beat them over a longer distance. Assuming that Many Clouds has the stamina to last 4 and a half miles and the weight doesn't slow him down too much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back