The 2022 Longshot Thread

Perth 1.42 Zihuatanejo 50/1 small e/way - Selection was beaten 6L by Champagne Platinum in an Irish PTP 4years ago, then won an Irish PTP 2 years ago. He was then 2nd fav for a Fairyhouse maiden Hurdle but was struck into and finished lame. He then finished last of 6 in a class 3 Novice hurdle 3 weeks ago for Sandy Forster, 19L behind Ted Hastings who finished 2nd. Ted Hastings won his previous race beating 3 of todays runners very easily and those runners are 2nd, 3rd and 5th in the betting. The selection will not have to improve much to be competitive and is bred for the game. The negatives are the possible bounce, or may be going for a h'cap mark but the price offsets the risk for me.

Trivia question - no Googling - what film mentioned Zihuatanejo a few times?

Only just noticed....

Faylaq goes in the 2.59 at Ayr today. Needs no words, really. Doesn't appear to be entered in anything else coming up. Tom Eaves on board. 28 across the board.

That Holloway Boy is one that got away.

I know the more cynical on here won't believe me but I went to back this one a couple of hours ago when it was 100s and bigger but Mrs O needed me to fix something and I closed the page then forgot to go back in on it. Burke's 2yos have been doing brilliantly so I thought it might be significant that he was bringing it here for its debut.

No doubt Jinnyj backed it :p

I was born and raised in holloway not even I backed it first time out.

At least I had the third each way.

That Holloway Boy is one that got away.
Just got home from my sons thinking I’d missed the race; had a quick look on oddschecker and he was blue across the board so I put my pennies on. I always think of being in the pub at Middleham seeing people backing the local horses so any Middleham runner going blue warrants a bet. Karl Burke’s stable is in the shadow of an amazing place called The Forbidden Corner where all northern folk take their kids fir a day out. The shop at Middleham has a hotline so you can buy tickets for it. My weeks getting better. It’ll be good craic in the pub tonight.
I know the more cynical on here won't believe me but I went to back this one a couple of hours ago when it was 100s and bigger but Mrs O needed me to fix something and I closed the page then forgot to go back in on it. Burke's 2yos have been doing brilliantly so I thought it might be significant that he was bringing it here for its debut.

No doubt Jinnyj backed it :p

Wokingham - Rohaan 25/1 - ante-post terms so only four places just now but the wonderful Ryan Moore has been booked and the horse is 3lbs lower than when winning the race and 5lbs better in with the current 8/1f Fresh. I'm not worried about the going as he's got good winning form on fast ground. I might go in again by Saturday depending on the final decs, draw, prices and place terms.

First bet in the race. Should have settled for that :lol:

I need Sun King and Falcon Eight to hit the frame for a 360/1 acc...

Any Hail Marys gratefully accepted :)

Ooh, just seen that Summerghand got fifth so that's a second 300-odd/1 acc waiting on the last two.

Oh, shite in a poke. I'm hearing as I type that Trueshan is out. That will fvck that up big style with a hefty R4.

I looked at 16.59 and figured Rohaan might be the closest you'll ever see to a good thing in a Wokingham. Got it on with seconds to spare. Nice one, Desert. I missed the 25s but 18-1 got me out of trouble on the day.

Good luck with the next ones.

It was a good race. I ended up with four going for me. They were 1st, 5th, 8th (btn a head for a 7th place payout) and 9th.

I'll take that any day of the week and twice on a Sunday.

SUMMERGHAND was my big bet of the week at 25/1 so I'm happy as I also had it in a lucky 15 with INTELLOGENT and TACTICAL but only at Sp.in corals shop where they hadnt got a price on tactical,25/1 on line only.
Still a good profit.

Back