The 2022 'Should be odds-on' Thread

Lovely work, Trefflich, and many thanks. I was actually in a Teams meeting, and popped onto the site. I managed to put a bet on and watch the race too!

Saturday, Newbury 12.45 - Thyme Hill 11/8 - I always look forward to this race, recent past winners of which include Ahoy Senor, Next Destination, Santini, Elegant Escape and Native River. Thyme Hill (11/8f) strikes me as the most likely winner, being the best of these over hurdles and I’m not convinced McFabulous truly stays this trip, which might explain why Cobden opts for the stable mate. I reckon the favourite should be odds-on so am happy to avail myself of the 11/8.

Saturday, Newbury 12.45 - Thyme Hill 11/8 - I always look forward to this race, recent past winners of which include Ahoy Senor, Next Destination, Santini, Elegant Escape and Native River. Thyme Hill (11/8f) strikes me as the most likely winner, being the best of these over hurdles and I’m not convinced McFabulous truly stays this trip, which might explain why Cobden opts for the stable mate. I reckon the favourite should be odds-on so am happy to avail myself of the 11/8.

Well, that was disappointing from Thyme Hill. I thought he was a bit keen through the first circuit but he was a bit novicey, which is entirely understandable, but I still thought he'd have the easy beating of McFabulous. I have to say, the latter was impressive all through the race but the proximity of the third (OR 132) backs up my lukewarm pre-race opinion of McF's chances.

Back to hurdles for TH?

Zambella 2:00Carlisle Sunday -currently 9/4.Faces Riviere D'etel who was very disappointing 2weeks ago -Ted Walsh was adamant she had a physical problem.Will be having a good go at Zambella and it will be lights out until Christmas if she doesn't win.

Can't be having that at all. RD just jumps to the right, she did similar in the Arkle. I think she's a good thing tomorrow, though priced as such.

I've been a big fan of RD since she arrived in Ireland -she has been spectacular at times while also being a little quirky.I think going to Carlisle is a negative and her last run was more than disappointing.

With an Elliott shorty getting beat in the Navan opener and then the American Mike letdown I'd be worried if I was on RD.

Well done Luke, missed all the action yest.

1.30 Catterick Bold Soldier 9/4

think the wind op will do wonders, on point form our lad is the better animal and can see him worrying the fav out of it.

Well done Luke, missed all the action yest.

1.30 Catterick Bold Soldier 9/4

think the wind op will do wonders, on point form our lad is the better animal and can see him worrying the fav out of it.

Been watching your picks on here, I think you are a bit good at this chap :cool:. Keep up the excellent picks.

Sickening effort...apologies

Looked good(ish) on paper, and was well-fancied by the yard. KB's well-thought-of Arctic Saint ran similarly poorly in a bumper yesterday.

There might be something going on in the yard, although Chianti C won today, that may have just been 'I'm so much better than these, I can't lose'. Maybe these last two youngsters just weren't as ready as thought.

I've noticed in the past some of KBs bumper runners don't perform as expected first time up. Undercover might recoup losses at some point.

Ran terribly Chaumi...didn't like Bass sticking him up the rail on the chewed up ground to begin with but went out like a light before they really even got going. Was well well fancied but shouldn't be putting up FTO bumper horses on this thread!

Ran terribly Chaumi...didn't like Bass sticking him up the rail on the chewed up ground to begin with but went out like a light before they really even got going. Was well well fancied but shouldn't be putting up FTO bumper horses on this thread!

and KB's summing up this morning...........

The big disappointment of the day was Undercover Lover in the bumper.. We had high hopes, but he was never going.. too many of my bumper horses have run similar races.. Bizarre and frustrating as we can’t be that wrong about their ability.. Something amiss.

PS and just a note on Arctic Saint"It was a very competitive bumper and loads of winners will come out of this race but AS ran very green and was hampered turning for home"

Last edited:
Back