The 2023 'Should be odds-on' thread

Friday, Newmarket 3.35 - Hurricane Lane 7/4 - reportedly impressing at home and wears cheekpieces for the first time. Buick rides. Would be long odds on on his best form.

BIRDIE OR BUST with our Rachael on board can be had at 1/1 on the machine 8/13 elsewhere.

Be surprised is the sp is better than 4/7 in what looks like a walk in the park

Yep. Forgot to check the result (buried in sorting Saturday's Nwm card). Wasn't prepared to risk it myself but a great shout for yourself and the thread.

They sometimes say it was too bad to be true but Hurricane Lane was just plain bad imo

Bet Victor's 13/8 West Wind Blows should be 4/6 for this

I'm not convinced WWB should even be fav for this let alone odds-on but the market appears to be saying otherwise.

Hurricane Lane is out to 11/4 and the stablemate has just about halved in price in the last 48 hours.

I won't go as far as to say this will be the death of me but I don't have the BOG on HL so I have to go in again.

I'm not convinced WWB should even be fav for this let alone odds-on but the market appears to be saying otherwise.

Hurricane Lane is out to 11/4 and the stablemate has just about halved in price in the last 48 hours.

I won't go as far as to say this will be the death of me but I don't have the BOG on HL so I have to go in again.

Deeply, deeply satisfying :cool:

Excellent call -probably the bet of the season at 11/4.

Good call indeed, DO.

You fellas have balls of steel to put horses on this thread. Reminds me of the will win thread. Glad to be a spectator and not a participant, I really am.

Last edited:
I took 5/4 1/1 about up and coming Australian superstar "Globe"

Runs at Sandown Aus today.......He should be 1/2 this is a machine trust me:D

Won in an absolute canter by 6 long looking lengths returned at 1.91 on the machine 8/13 on the books.

He's now 4 from 4 and looks like a licence to print money for his owners when stepped up in class again

Deeply, deeply satisfying :cool:

Well done mate

Must admit they had me totally fooled with Hurricane Lane and it was good to see him back to his best but it begs the question ;-

Would a small yard have gotten away with showing massive improvement 8/9 in July followed by 7/7 2 weeks ago

No question of them cheating but a less liked/popular trainer would have been dragged over the coals

Nwm 1.15 - in the market w/o Adayar, Migration 5/2 (Hills). I rate the Lincoln form really highly. If my figures are right, this one is picking up money.

[But my Lincoln figures might be pish :)]

Tbh, I quite fancy Migration outright but want to be careful.

Nwm 1.15 - in the market w/o Adayar, Migration 5/2 (Hills). I rate the Lincoln form really highly. If my figures are right, this one is picking up money.

[But my Lincoln figures might be pish :)]

Tbh, I quite fancy Migration outright but want to be careful.
You might want to look at Life In Motion in the 3.00 then.
Beat the Lincoln 2nd pointless on proper sft over today's distance at Longchamp.:)

Back